Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Women beat while in custody by the police (graphic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxgNKNEtk18

That video is worth a thousand words. How can Police just abuse their power like this and only get fired?

Holy crap. The police officer needs to be fired and put in jail. That's way overboard.

In the beginning I thought the cop wasn't acting too rough but that changed quick. This is just plain sick,.

it doesnt show anything
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

The cop has since been fired... and the victim I'm sure has a good attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Internet View Post
    it doesnt show anything
    I wonder why, maybe there was something covering up the camera? I also wonder who put that there...

The cop turned the camera off during the beatin'

This doesn't show anything at all. It shows the beginning and it shows the end and asks us to draw conclusions based on the missing (and most important) evidence.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

That's intense. Maybe they cut out the rest in order to be able to post it on youtube?

Last edited by RobM; 02-19-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Normally I'd give the cop the benefit of the doubt. But this lady might as well start shopping for a nice house in the burbs. Something in the million dollar range so she has plenty left over to retire.

I read something about that the cop turned off the tape for "common practice" something along those lines and I assume it's legal?

Horrible just plain horrible... However there really isn't real proof of what happen due to the camera being turn off... Still rough handling at the beginning.

Wow, that's crazy. I'll never question a cop if I'm hauled in.

You don't need the whole video to figure out what happened. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

I usually give the officer the benefit of the doubt.

It does look like she took a hard nosedive onto the floor the way her skin is ripped on her forehead, but the officer is still responsible. He might have even helped her hit the floor/door/wall/baton/whatever. He might not have, but when someone is that unruly, they are supposed to restrain them.. usually by handcuffing them to a bench or having another officer in there to help out. It's just way too shady that the camera was turned off during the time that she got hurt. Why even bother shutting it off in the first place unless he didn't want something recorded? Those things are there in the first place to keep everyone honest.
    Last edited by Iwannasite; 02-20-2008 at 02:57 AM.

Jeez the pictures of the all the swelling and such is not just from the fall.It looks way too horendous to be just from that fall.It had to be from whatever happened during that time the camera was off.

It is hard to give the cop the benfit of the doubt when he turned the camera off and it comes back on with a crap load of blood on the ground.

That's pretty typical of how you look a day or two after you break your nose. A faceplant would do that, but it would have to be a pretty hard one. I wonder if she had a boot-print on her butt?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Burtan
    How can Police just abuse their power like this and only get fired?
    Because most cops think they can do anything they want and other cops stick by them (Usually)

Very sick and sad!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

You don`t get 2 black eyes doing that to yourself. That cop should be in jail.

that pool of blood from bruises?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    that pool of blood from bruises?
    It's from the cut on her forehead and probably some from her nose. Scalp wounds bleed a LOT.

That SICK cop obviously turned the camera off because he knew what he was about to do. He should be put into prison.

He's a MAN about 3 times stronger than she is. I'm 100% positive he could have restrained her without practically beating her the DEATH.

Disgusting cop.

One of the main reasons why I despise cops... they ABUSE their power and think they can do anything they want.

See, I'm 99% sure that we all know what happened. However, we aren't 100% sure and that's what bothers me about jumping to conclusions. We can't ask questions here that would help fill in the blanks. Like, what IS the given explanation for the missing footage? We all know that things can be edited to make someone look bad (or good). In this case, there's just too many unanswered questions for me to say with 100% certainty that I know what happened here.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

They should make it illegal for the cop to turn off the camera.

Even if the women was punching him in the face he could have restrained her without practically beating her to death. I just don't buy it. It's like saying a mouse beat up a cat. A man is 3 times stronger than she is... he could have pinned her down. My male friend does it to me all the time and I can't move... don't ask =)

And I'm no wimp.
    Last edited by Frosty; 02-20-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast