Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Women beat while in custody by the police (graphic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxgNKNEtk18

That video is worth a thousand words. How can Police just abuse their power like this and only get fired?
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

Holy crap. The police officer needs to be fired and put in jail. That's way overboard.

In the beginning I thought the cop wasn't acting too rough but that changed quick. This is just plain sick,.
    hi there!

it doesnt show anything
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

The cop has since been fired... and the victim I'm sure has a good attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Internet View Post
    it doesnt show anything
    I wonder why, maybe there was something covering up the camera? I also wonder who put that there...

The cop turned the camera off during the beatin'

This doesn't show anything at all. It shows the beginning and it shows the end and asks us to draw conclusions based on the missing (and most important) evidence.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

That's intense. Maybe they cut out the rest in order to be able to post it on youtube?

Last edited by RobM; 02-19-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Normally I'd give the cop the benefit of the doubt. But this lady might as well start shopping for a nice house in the burbs. Something in the million dollar range so she has plenty left over to retire.

I read something about that the cop turned off the tape for "common practice" something along those lines and I assume it's legal?

Horrible just plain horrible... However there really isn't real proof of what happen due to the camera being turn off... Still rough handling at the beginning.

Wow, that's crazy. I'll never question a cop if I'm hauled in.

You don't need the whole video to figure out what happened. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

I usually give the officer the benefit of the doubt.

It does look like she took a hard nosedive onto the floor the way her skin is ripped on her forehead, but the officer is still responsible. He might have even helped her hit the floor/door/wall/baton/whatever. He might not have, but when someone is that unruly, they are supposed to restrain them.. usually by handcuffing them to a bench or having another officer in there to help out. It's just way too shady that the camera was turned off during the time that she got hurt. Why even bother shutting it off in the first place unless he didn't want something recorded? Those things are there in the first place to keep everyone honest.
    Last edited by Iwannasite; 02-20-2008 at 02:57 AM.

Jeez the pictures of the all the swelling and such is not just from the fall.It looks way too horendous to be just from that fall.It had to be from whatever happened during that time the camera was off.

It is hard to give the cop the benfit of the doubt when he turned the camera off and it comes back on with a crap load of blood on the ground.

That's pretty typical of how you look a day or two after you break your nose. A faceplant would do that, but it would have to be a pretty hard one. I wonder if she had a boot-print on her butt?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Burtan
    How can Police just abuse their power like this and only get fired?
    Because most cops think they can do anything they want and other cops stick by them (Usually)

Very sick and sad!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

You don`t get 2 black eyes doing that to yourself. That cop should be in jail.

that pool of blood from bruises?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    that pool of blood from bruises?
    It's from the cut on her forehead and probably some from her nose. Scalp wounds bleed a LOT.

That SICK cop obviously turned the camera off because he knew what he was about to do. He should be put into prison.

He's a MAN about 3 times stronger than she is. I'm 100% positive he could have restrained her without practically beating her the DEATH.

Disgusting cop.

One of the main reasons why I despise cops... they ABUSE their power and think they can do anything they want.

See, I'm 99% sure that we all know what happened. However, we aren't 100% sure and that's what bothers me about jumping to conclusions. We can't ask questions here that would help fill in the blanks. Like, what IS the given explanation for the missing footage? We all know that things can be edited to make someone look bad (or good). In this case, there's just too many unanswered questions for me to say with 100% certainty that I know what happened here.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

They should make it illegal for the cop to turn off the camera.

Even if the women was punching him in the face he could have restrained her without practically beating her to death. I just don't buy it. It's like saying a mouse beat up a cat. A man is 3 times stronger than she is... he could have pinned her down. My male friend does it to me all the time and I can't move... don't ask =)

And I'm no wimp.
    Last edited by Frosty; 02-20-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Apparently, here's the 34 minute uncut video:

http://www.ktbs.com/news/Complete-vi...custody-8921/#

--Tina

Please note that I am NOT making any judgement on who was at fault here. However, I've watched the uncut video and after she's laying on the floor - she tells other officers and the EMTs that "the officer threw me on the ground". From the start of the video, she was trying to pull away from him. Now, picture in your mind someone with their hands restrained behind their back, pulling away from someone and falling face-first into a tiled floor. I could definitely see those kinds of injuries happening that way. My daughter did much the same thing when she was 8 yrs old (slipped and fell nose-first into a tile floor) - and her injuries looked almost identical to this womans. Nose injuries look atrocious as they heal...huge puffy black eyes, etc.

Again, I'm NOT saying that the officer didn't do anything wrong. I'm just saying that we can't jump to conclusions and say that he beat the hell out of her.

--Tina

That video shows how he conveniently turned the camera off during the "beating" part only. I find that to be very suspicious and should be illegal IMO.

Also if you look at her pic she has black eyes... her entire face is beaten up. I don't think a medical examiner will have a problem convicting that bully cop.
    Last edited by Frosty; 02-20-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Tina - She fell on the floor, and landed on her eye sockets?

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    That video shows how he conveniently turned the camera off during the "beating" part only. I find that to be very suspicious and should be illegal IMO.

Also if you look at her pic she has black eyes... her entire face is beaten up. I don't think a medical examiner will have a problem convicting that bully cop.
    Once the officer established she refused the breathalyzer, he turned off the camera and she would have went on through booking. That is the reason he turned off the camera...

Hate to say it, but she brought this upon herself. I would say she slipped and fell or at least pulled away from him and fell.

He would not beat anyone who was kicking out the name of a judge, and other people in law enforcement.

I'm still amazed that people defend people like her! She was verbally and physically abusive to the police officer and refused to follow his simple directions.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soskel34 View Post
    Tina - She fell on the floor, and landed on her eye sockets?

When you break or injure your NOSE, you get 2 black eyes. If she fell on the floor, nose-first, that's EXACTLY the kind of injury she would have. I've seen it happen with my 8 yr old daughter, as well as people who have had nose jobs.

Further, why in the world would he turn it off just to beat her...and then turn it back on after the fact. That makes absolutely no sense. Why wouldn't he just leave it off completely, if he was trying to cover his butt? I see him turning it off after she totally refused to cooperate and he was getting ready to book her. He turned it back on AFTER "something" happened, to make sure there was a record.

If he beat the crap out of her, why didn't she start screaming to the other cops "that guy beat me! don't leave me alone with him! Help me! " or why didn't she say that to the EMTs? What she specifically says, repeatedly, is that he "threw me to the ground". She also said that same thing near the beginning of the tape - when he merely restrained her and put her up against the wall. As she pulled away, she fell then too.

Sorry, this is just another case of the media working things up to a frenzy for the sake of ratings (in my opinion). Was the cop a jerk with an attitude? Yes, which may very well be why they fired him. Did he beat the crap out of her? Not based on what I saw.

--Tina
    Last edited by Tina J; 02-20-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    When you break or injure your NOSE, you get 2 black eyes. If she fell on the floor, nose-first, that's EXACTLY the kind of injury she would have. I've seen it happen with my 8 yr old daughter, as well as people who have had nose jobs.

--Tina
    yep yep, my brother had a nosejob and he looked just like that a couple days later.

I got hit on the forehead with a flying baseball bat when I was younger (mad batter struck out and threw the bat, I never saw it coming) and I got a huge goose-egg on my forehead. The next day I had two nasty black eyes and my upper face was swollen so bad I looked chinese (no offense meant).

I had minor outpatient surgery on my eyelids a few years ago. Two days later, I had the worst black eyes and it looked like my husband beat the crap out of me. That was with no complications at all and was totally expected.

We had fun with that in public for awhile.

Nose and eye injuries look horrible and what seems like it should be an injury isolated to one area can affect both eyes and swell up like mad. As someone else indicated, even minor scalp injuries bleed A LOT.

Again, I'm not saying that he didn't use excessive force. I have absolutely no idea. But NONE of the evidence shows that. All I see is a woman that won't shut up and sit down for 2 minutes and cooperate, so that he can read his little paper to her, and who continuously spouts off about how she knows judges and other high-ranking people. You then see her try to get up and leave and pulls away from the cop and falls down once, without injury.

I think the cop had an attitude that didn't help diffuse the situation, but I never saw him once lose his temper or act hot-headed or use any kind of excessive force. Also, it makes no sense why he would turn the camera off just to beat her...and then turn it back on after she's laying in a pool of blood. Duh. Leave the camera off for good if you're going to beat someone up - no sense in leaving any kind of recorded evidence behind.

--Tina

Quote Originally Posted by Virtualize View Post
    Horrible just plain horrible... However there really isn't real proof of what happen due to the camera being turn off... Still rough handling at the beginning.
    Well It was rough by the police the way he handled the lady. I am sure there would be many news about this in upcoming days.

Yes you can get black eye's from a nose break.

But now they will face the U.S. Department of Justice.

Also this department has real problem with it cops. Just a days ago another tape, the same department was cought tasing a person for no reason at all...
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

I think we need "Police Beat Down" subforum under social issues, beatings, tazerings of old people or deaf people or unconscious people and other assorted mayhem committed by police is making headlines daily. We need thes things exposed as much as possible.

Can we say this is anything new? There are news stories and articles about this every day. Now they want to pass a law whereas cops can hide non-criminal offenses from matters of public record. In the same sense, if they beat some one in custody, and the department settles the case for a cash pay out and the cop is not convicted, then although the cop was wrong and beat the individual, it is hidden from public record because the victim was paid off. Is this justice?

If she had followed Police instructions and just did the breath test, she would have been allowed to make a phone call. We have the same law here in Australia. A breath test HAS to be taken before anything else, so that Police can get close to the exact and correct reading on the suspects BAC. Same goes with any other suspect. Tell help maintain evidence security, they can't talk to anyone until after an initial interview so that the evidence does not become compromised.

Plus, IF the cop did beat her, although I doubt it from what I am reading above about falling on your nose, I would start to get very annoyed at her too. The cop is only trying to do his job and she won't shut the f--- up.

honestly after seeing the extended version i really cant come to a conclusion. She was really uncontrollable.I usually dont take the sides of the cops but there is reasonable doubt in that. He turned it off to book her and he turned it back on to show what had happened.

Wish we knew what happened in the time it was turned off.

They should make it illegal for the cop to turn off the camera.
    I would prefer:

They should make it impossible for the cop to turn off the camera.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast