Thread: explanation

explanation

I have received this oddity from a customer and have never heard of such a thing from any registrar.

After successful login I asked my registrator to change the nameservers to:
    Domain: customer.hu
    Nameserver(ns1): ns1.hostdomain.com
    Nameserver(ns2): ns2.hostdomain.com

I recently created the postmaster mail account for customer.hu, but after that the registrator got the response:
    M-SMAI -I- [customer.hu] checking SOA mail [email protected] at xxx.ipaddresslocal.xxx
    M-VRRT -W- [customer.hu] retrying verify 1
    M-VOUT -I- [customer.hu] address verification: Unrouteable address
    User unknown
    M-SOAM -W- [customer.hu] SOA mail address check failed
    've been told by the registrator, that the "regcheck" I mentioned is the official registration check of nic.hu.
    It is the first step of nameserver changing. If it fails, according to the hungarian rules - wich are stricter than in general, but follow the standards - nic.hu does not allow registration or name server changing. The process fails at a point, where regcheck tries an smtp test on [email protected], the answer is: unroutable address.
    Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? What is the workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by Calibaba View Post
    I have received this oddity from a customer and have never heard of such a thing from any registrar.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? What is the workaround?
    is your mail address configured ? Are you able to change the registered email address to an external mail address?
    Sounds like they can't send you a mail and therefore can't change your nameservers.
    RLTT.com is for SALE Realtime Technologies is the way to go !

But it's your first .hu domain right ?
    Edit: go to your domain registrar page (where are you at?) and change the email address to a valid one and then request a nameserver change again.. good domain providers usually offer the option change the nameservers manually, it's annoying if you can't do it yourself.
    RLTT.com is for SALE Realtime Technologies is the way to go !