How is FDCServer for Colocation?

We are looking into Central US for colocation. Does anybody have any experience with FDCServers?

In particular, how is their support? Do they have onsite tech support, 24/7/365? How knowledgeable is their support?

How about their network?

Any reviews from recent experiences will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Their managed services department seems knowledgable, but they do not offer managed colocation, therefore your paying $50/hour if you need anything other than a reboot or rebuild.

Their support is fast, every reboot is handled within 15 minutes upon a ticket. I use Internap so I can't comment on their network, although it seems like they have a lot of good new connectivity in their shared network.

Hope that helps.

I am OK with paying for support. And $50/hour seems cheap, considering we pay $250/hour using Equinix dumb-hand.

I guess what I wonder is what can their support do? Are their support people capable of doing advance tasks, e.g. OS install on a separate drive, troubleshooting kernel panic, etc.

Yes, I am also insterested in their Internap bandwidth. You are not directly connected to Internap, are you?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!

No, I use them for Internap, it seems great for us so far. I haven't used their managed services recently, the only problem I had is that I had a kernel panic one saturday night and the managed services wouldn't have been able to do anything until the monday morning, so I ended up just having them rebuild it and restored from backups. I'm not sure if they usually have managed services available 24/7 or not, you would have to check with them, but you can also rent a KVM from them.

They have been great so far except for the power issues which we had one 15 minute outage and then the recent scheduled 5 hour maintenance.

Thanks for the clarification.

Yea, I just read on their forum about 3-5 hours electrical maintenance. That's a lot more than what we are accustomed to.

Out of curiousity, what is their limit on power per rack/cab? Chicago is another large metro city, so I bet power can be a tricky issue.

For me, they wouldn't offer rack pricing for Internap, they would only do per server with power included.

You might want to contact them for more information.

I don't want to give you the wrong idea about them with the power maintenance, they did give notice but yes, 5 hours was a little more than I would have liked.