EPP code...how is it usually received?

Does the WHOIS information have to be accurate to get this transfer done right? I have a domain that was transferred to me, but I never changed the registration contacts (the WHOIS stuff) to my information. Now I'd like to transfer away from GoDaddy to Namecheap, but if the EPP code is mailed or emailed, I'll have no way to retrieve it. Does it just show up in GoDaddy as "someone has requested a transfer for this domain"? Or do I actually have to have a valid email? And if I do change it, won't that begin a 60 day lockdown period?

If you change the Registrant Contact info at GoDaddy, the domain is locked for 60 days. The trick is to change the Admin Contact email. You should receive the Auth Code by email, and there won't be any 60 day lock.
    Signature Under Construction.

Hmm...oh great, the site was registered without a First/Last name in the registrant info (business name only), and I'm not allowed to make changes to the Administrative contact w/o having to fix those errors. Dammit. The domain expires in 30 days too, so it looks like I'm stuck w/ GoDaddy for another year...

You can change the Admin Contact without touching the Registrant Contact.

GoDaddy won't let me. It says there's errors in the registration details (because those fields were left blank...they weren't required when the domain was first registered).

What fields were left blank?

First name, last name in registrant. Technical and billing contacts are completely empty.

GoDaddy and Moniker send the codes by email, for some others the details are available in the CP