Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tuttoo? thief?

* tuttoo? thief?

I paid this guy $150 out of the agreed $300 for a design, and it's been a week without any updates. I ask him every day, and every day he says i'll send an update tomorrow via email after work, and never does.

Has anyone done business with him before?

I paid with my Credit Card through paypal. Is it possible to file a charge back to paypal? Or just dispute?

Thanks for any input
    Sergio D.

Call paypal right away to make a claim.
    Richard Perez | PureWeb
    Dedicated Servers - cPanel Web Hosting - cPanel Reseller Hosting
    6 Nationwide Locations. 100% Network SLA. Established in 2007. True 24/7/365 Support.
    Follow us on Twitter: @purewebtech. Network POPS in: LAX - CHI - DFW - NYC - SEA - ATL

I've worked with him in the past and I didn't see any signs of him being a thief. I hope he'll answer you shortly.

Thanks. I really hope he's not. He showed me a great portfolio... hopefully everything goes well..
    Sergio D.

Its not a problem at all but realistically he should at least showed you something by now.

I didn't want to mention and am trying to catch up with my work however my wife is currently not at home (due to a probably two week medical problem). She should return this week which will take some load of my hands.

I have two kids under 5 running around here which takes up a lot off my time at the moment.

Trust me I am trying to catch up. If you want a refund then send me an email.

It's just bad luck basicly and some stupitity that I took on too much work (at the time).
    TUTTOO - Amazing Photoshop Tutorials

No, I just want you to finish it.

The emailing you isn't working, since you don't respond to them anyway.
    Sergio D.

I ordered a coded design for an arcade on Saturday. He said he would have a mockup early monday, then he said monday evening and then it still isn't here and it is tuesday morning. I just really want the design.
    Last edited by Nooptel; 02-19-2008 at 06:35 AM.

I don't work on Sunday's and Saturday normally half a day.

Please have some patience I will finish up all my work within a few day's.
    TUTTOO - Amazing Photoshop Tutorials

Ok, that is 100% fine, but I would prefer if you would reply through email or MSN.

Hello.

Can you please reply to me through MSN or email. It is now past lunch time and still no mockup, you told me you will reply through email but you wont.

Tomorrow is the date that you said the design would definetly be done by, so I am expecting a finished and coded design tomorrow.

For me, it's been since the 8th or 9th of this Month, so it's going to be two weeks (almost).
    Sergio D.

That's bad.

We started talking last Thursday, I sent payment on early Saturday and he said I would get the fully coded script on Wednesday and a mockup on Monday morning.

However still no mockup. When I first posted here he spoke to me on MSN instantly and said his MSN was logged on to a different computer than he was using so I should email him for conversation.

I have sent at least 4 emails and none of them have been replied to. I don't expect him to be able to deliver the design tomorrow judging form so far, but I would expect people to keep to there dates.

I have a Verified PayPal business, phone, address and bank so they will almost definetally reverse if I open something in the resoltion centre, so I am not that worried, but I would like the design...

Same here, heh (Verified business, etc).

However, I do understand the personal problems. But not answering to emails may be another thing.

He probably can't or hasn't replied to my emails because they're in his SPAM box (since i use a hotmail account). He should know that though because it's happened before. He hasn't emailed me ever since i started this thread, not even messaging me.

He hasn't spoken to me on MSN since about 3 days ago I believe. So I will wait couple more days to see where my patience takes me (because I'm running out of it).

On another note, it's good to know that he is NOT a thief, since they have played me many times in the past.
    Last edited by OVEFUSE; 02-19-2008 at 02:14 PM.
    Sergio D.

Yeah, I am not really scared of losing my money, I just want the design to I can develop the site and sell for a quick turnaround.

He isn't on MSN anymore, but it doesn't matter because he doesn't reply. Its just annoying...

My emails are definetally not in his spam box because he has replied before.

Be patient guys... It sounds like he is very busy at the moment. If you want your website done soon, take his refund and find a new designer.

You don't need to bring this to public also, could give him a bad name. If he does not do the job at all then report your problems on here.
    Albert Chen
    Designepic.com Bannerepic.com
    website & graphics design | Hosting
    aim/icq : achenxp | msn : [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by albc15 View Post
    You don't need to bring this to public also, could give him a bad name. If he does not do the job at all then report your problems on here.
    Looks like he's not doing the job though... Sometimes bringing this into the public is what is needed to push people to either respond or refund. You can add me to the list of people that have paid him and he refuses to respond too. I gave him an easy way out, just refund my money and move on... Yeah right. He didn't respond to that email either nor has he refunded my money.

I gave him money last Wednesday and he said he would have the templated completed by the end of the weekend, so much for not working on Sundays as stated in his prevoius response.

Will this is pretty simple if you have taken on too much work and have other personal issues, just refund my money.

Oh it helps in business to respond to your customer's inquiries, not responing to IM's or emails from your customers is unacceptable.

Nathan

I have a Verified PayPal business, phone, address and bank so they will almost definetally reverse if I open something in the resoltion centre, so I am not that worried, but I would like the design...
    If its a design, then its an intangable item so you will more than likely loose the dispute.

Paul

Well, I sent him an email today and he responded today saying he was going to be online on MSN Tonight (his tonight which is 6 hours before mine).

At least he emailed me back. I've been awake every day until 3AM just so I can catch him before "work" waiting for the updates that he always promises.

Let's see what happens next.
    Sergio D.

I am another one of his customers - i have been waiting for about two weeks for something and nothing has happened nor have i been shown any work. At this stage i am very annoyed to say the least, i am trying to launch a new corporate site, he promised so much which was great, but now i am just hoping to see something.

I do hope that i get something, i have requested a refund from Paypal but again still hope i get something because i have waited for too long.
    All Talk Communications Limited
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wholesale telecommunications - NZ

Maybe he had some problems...

I am only bringing it to public, because he is ignoring my emails and msn contacts.

If PayPal don't respond then I will just charge it back from my credit card, that was paypal will take it from his account.

Anyway, today I was meant to have my final coded design and still no mockup or even any idea. It would be ok, but now the fact is that I am ****ing pissed off because he wont reply to me.

At this point I think that calling this guy a theif is the nicest thing I copuld say. This guy has not responded to any of my emails and he has not been on IM for a few days and it looks like he has abandonded all of us. I opened a dispute with PayPal but Will has not responded to that either.

I'm gonna escalate this with PayPal and if they won't help I will dispute it with my Credit Card company.

Recieved. I'll be on msn tonight. Starting tommorow I'm having full working days again so we can work together and finish up.
    Giving one or two more days, then going to Paypal. If not, my CC company.

I've already sent him an email to kindly refund the money paid to him. Let's see what happens.
    Sergio D.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitztek - Sergio View Post
    Giving one or two more days, then going to Paypal. If not, my CC company.

I've already sent him an email to kindly refund the money paid to him. Let's see what happens.

I sent him that same email and got no response, don't get your hopes up...

I have already started on paypal to get my money back. We'll see how that goes. If onyl he would answer his mobile phone, or atleast respond to my emails i woudn't mind. Might have to do some more digging around to get hold of this guy!
    All Talk Communications Limited
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wholesale telecommunications - NZ

I'm having exactly the same problem with him. He said that it would be completed within 3 days when I paid him 9 days ago. I have yet to see anything.

He kept on saying 'will be ready today' day after day. I lost patience and opened a PayPal dispute. I have not heared anything from him since then. This is the most frustrating part of it all, the lack of cummunication.

It does not matter whether it is a 'tangible' item or not. I've won many cases like this in the past. PayPal can make exceptions at their discretion, and they often do.

If he decides to send me my design, I will cancel the dispute.
    Last edited by albionsaryazdi; 02-21-2008 at 08:17 AM.

I also paid him 50% and got nothing.

He said a mockup will be ready within 2 days, it has been a week.
    Also, he stopped logging in AIM & no reply to my email.
    Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.

Sounds like the guy is overbooked. I have done this in the past and it is really not fun at all. I have had to stay up late late hours to get projects done. Hopefully that is the case here, just overbooked and trying to get things done. However, I would think surely he would keep you guys updated on things. Atleast something along the lines of "Hey look, I overbooked myself and I am going to need about another week or two on your project." I know that is something that some of you may not want to hear, but at the very least, it is communication and a sense of relief. However, if you are not getting any response at all it maybe best to try and dispute the charge like some of you have already. If the dispute does not work, lesson learned.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

On the same lines of DG . . . when designing or doing any level of freelancing, there will come a time when outside forces keep you from being able to sit down and complete a project. It simply just happens and if it hasn't yet, it will (especially if doing it solo).

The best solution here is to just be upfront and explain to the client that your dog ate your computer wires and you just haven't been able to get to the store cause your car has a flat and you live in the country and have no friends to help.

But seriously - just be honest. They might get pissed and you might loose them but they will remember that you were at the very least - honest with them. And who knows, they might actually be understanding and give you another week or two on it.

Often times, clients just want to know that your still working on it or planning to complete it and not forgotten about them.

Quote Originally Posted by jerett View Post
    On the same lines of DG . . . when designing or doing any level of freelancing, there will come a time when outside forces keep you from being able to sit down and complete a project. It simply just happens and if it hasn't yet, it will (especially if doing it solo).

The best solution here is to just be upfront and explain to the client that your dog ate your computer wires and you just haven't been able to get to the store cause your car has a flat and you live in the country and have no friends to help.

But seriously - just be honest. They might get pissed and you might loose them but they will remember that you were at the very least - honest with them. And who knows, they might actually be understanding and give you another week or two on it. Often times, clients just want to know that your still working on it or planning to complete it and not forgotten about them.

Often times, clients just want to know that your still working on it or planning to complete it and not forgotten about them.
    Exactly. If he could spend the time he took writing his two posts in this thread, he could've replied back to all of our emails that we've been constantly sending.

They all say the same thing (at least for me), asking for an update and approximate delivery time.

Will wait one more day.
    Sergio D.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitztek - Sergio View Post
    Exactly. If he could spend the time he took writing his two posts in this thread, he could've replied back to all of our emails that we've been constantly sending.

They all say the same thing (at least for me), asking for an update and approximate delivery time.

Will wait one more day.
    I do hope you get it resolved, because going through the refund process can be a nightmare of it's own.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Yeah, I would not mind at all because I have also over booked before, but I have enough courtesy and time to reply to emails saying that I am overbooked.

He isn't on MSN, he doesn't reply to mails, he wont answer his phone. I am charging back through PayPal after this post, if he wants to talk to me he can do it now.

I agree with you 100%. If you are getting ignored like that, its best to get your money back asap.

Ok I have opened a dispute in the resolution center at PayPal. I basically said that I would like to know the final date for the design and that he would reply to my emails. If he doesn't reply within 2 or 3 days I will escalate it to PayPal and if they don't do anything I will chargeback on my credit card.

I have never had a PayPal dispute before, how much chance do you think I have for getting my money back and will the chances be increased since so many people have opened a dispute that they will know he is a scammer?

Well normally PayPal will not honor a dispute for a virtual item. However, since you paid via credit card with PayPal. You can do a reversal, and they will honor it hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by DevGuys View Post
    Well normally PayPal will not honor a dispute for a virtual item. However, since you paid via credit card with PayPal. You can do a reversal, and they will honor it hands down.
    What do you mean by reversal? Charge back on CC?

Anyway, I opened a dispute with PayPal, and hoping that he at least responds to PayPal's emails.

Is it alright to post the person's name and PayPal address? I want to know whether he is using just one email, or multiple.
    Sergio D.

Probably, there is nothing against it. If you don't want to then you can PM me. I have several contact emails (his msn email, support for his website email, his main email and his paypal email) so we can compare.

Also, has anyone yet got a reply from him in PayPal? I said that if he doesn't reply to my paypal thing in the resolution center then I will escalate it to a PayPal claim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast