Sending to Yahoo Email Customers

I am having a problem sending email to Yahoo email customers. Customer that sign-up to get email from my site do get email.

I have tried to work with Yahoo on this but it does not do any good.

Until I can solve this issue I transfer data to another host/computer and domain and simple send it. My host has tried and I am not on any spam list that I know of.

But I need to hire someone to work with Yahoo and get this resolved. Any suggestions on who I can contact to help solve this?
    Last edited by GaryPilot; 02-18-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: add something
    Gary - Pilot Journey
    ----------------------------
    Learn to Fly!

Are your mails reaching yahoo? Are they tagged as spam and put in bulk or they are not even reaching yahoo?

You can check a couple of things on this.

1. Do you have a SPF record for your site?
    2. Is your mail server IP blacklisted in any of the spam database.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Make sure a domain key record is setup. That's usually the cause
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

They are not even reaching Yahoo. Yes we have SPF record, and no we are not on any spam databases. This whole this did start last November when someone did hack the server, we did change, IP's, server names and etc. We then got through Yahoo for a while and now we are not.

We did make an appeal to Yahoo, we explained our policies, we showed sample mailings, and they said 'no'. So now we just go to alot of trouble to by pass them... but its not fair.
    Gary - Pilot Journey
    Learn to Fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Make sure a domain key record is setup. That's usually the cause
    yes we added domain keys too.
    Gary - Pilot Journey
    Learn to Fly!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryPilot View Post
    They are not even reaching Yahoo. Yes we have SPF record, and no we are not on any spam databases. This whole this did start last November when someone did hack the server, we did change, IP's, server names and etc. We then got through Yahoo for a while and now we are not.

We did make an appeal to Yahoo, we explained our policies, we showed sample mailings, and they said 'no'. So now we just go to alot of trouble to by pass them... but its not fair.
    In general if their greylisting is causing you problems like the millions of other senders the simple solution is to filter emails going to yahoo, if they filter you, you filter them.

You can go back and forth all you like and you will end up with the same result, you follow their stupid steps and you still end in the same position.

You can try contacting yahoo and getting the generic response and hoping that works but goodluck!
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

This must be a totally frustrating situation! We have the same problem some of our emails get labeled as bulk, so customers don't bother checking that folder and then they think they never got any emails!

I think everyone is in agreement the way yahoo is doing things now is absolutely ridiculous. No matter what you do not all your mail seems to arrive.

Yahoo does not really provide you with much help at all. Their suggestions are things like dedicated mail servers and make sure you have your domain keys setup. But what's funny about this is even when you do both of these you still end up not getting half your mail to yahoo users.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!