Problems sending emails to/from Microsoft Live (Hotmail)

Hello guys,

I searched the forum but didn't find anything about this, so here goes;

I'm having issues with users sending emails both from Hotmail.com (to Google Apps mail) as well as to Hotmail.com (from Google Apps this time around as well).
    The error (spam protection related for sure);
    Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
    PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 12): 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support
      0 Not allowed!

Is your mail server IP blackklisted?

I think the best thing you can do is contact your host and let them know the issue.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.
      0 Not allowed!

Hotmail is notorious for blocking legitimate emails. The problem is with Hotmail, not with the rest of the world.

Don't use Hotmail.

Incidentally, Yahoo and AOL are just about as bad. You know how these services are free? You get what you pay for. Sorry.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Is your mail server IP blackklisted?
    I'm using Google Apps, and both the outgoing and incoming mails to/from Hotmail seem to fail.

Regarding the IP-addresses, I wouldn't have a clue due to Google's environment.

@bithost(NET) Umm "yeah", but it's not me using Hotmail though.

Anywho, this is basically a first for me regarding bot in and outing mail to/from Hotmail being blocked. I've seen emails disappearing in thin air while sent from Hotmail though, but not at the same time.
      0 Not allowed!