CNN changes their biz model?!

Apparently CNN realized that charging for access to their news streams is idiotic. All the video links on CNN.com now appear to be free!

Awesome, I can recall several times, being bored, visiting cnn.com, wanting to see it instead of reading it. Some membership thing popped up, and I immediately went elsewhere.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

I was one who wrote in saying that I did not like the pay per watch model and that I'd just go elsewhere (which I have). I've stopped going to CNN for that very reason. My guess is that they were hit pretty hard (though so was everyone else) due to reports on the 9/11 attacks, etc., and thought they better come up with a new revenue model to pay for streams. While this may be true, this didn't thrill me.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

I think they switched to payola after 9/11. At any rate, it's nice to see that they are now streaming the news without any fees.

Yeah, they did, I meant to possibly recoup fees from serving up reports from those months. I didn't like ti but I am a realist and realize that too many 'events' like this would certainly put a strain on their resources and financial ability to serve the streams.

Chicken

The main news sites here in Australia charge for articles if they are I think 7 days old.

You pay a fee to extract it out of the archieve

this was a bad business model, atleast for me, here we pay $4 for full month of cable access with 75+ channels and cnn was charging $5 for month access, so people like me may not go with there pay stream model.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Hey, when i click to watch video link it still tells me to purchase a PAY PASS !!

when they are going to implement this new model ?

or it is only for people (ips) from U.S.!?
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Yeah.,... thats why I like Fox News better...

Better news, hotter women... What more can you ask for?
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

And CNN doesn't cover the 4 hour car pursuits. FOX will hang in there no matter what programming was scheduled. That, my friends, is total dedication to sensationalized news. That's FOX.

Chicken

Where else can you watch people do idiotic things for 30 seconds infront of a studio audience, yep, thats FOX.

They would be dead by now if it wasent for the simpsons.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Originally posted by mahinder
    this was a bad business model, atleast for me, here we pay $4 for full month of cable access with 75+ channels and cnn was charging $5 for month access, so people like me may not go with there pay stream model.
    I need to move to where you live.. My cable bill with no pay channels just the normal channels they decided to put in a "package" for me cost me 67.00 a month on top of the 45 cable modem bill..