Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How's godaddy.com?

I really having trouble with my dot5hosting, as it goes down couple times a week. I am sick and tire of it. We all agree that dot5hosting offers great rates as far as features are concern, but if websites are constantly down, what's saving a couple of bucks a month?

How's godaddy.com? I heard some great things about them, and would like to hear from you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by mocheng View Post
    I really having trouble with my dot5hosting, as it goes down couple times a week. I am sick and tire of it. We all agree that dot5hosting offers great rates as far as features are concern, but if websites are constantly down, what's saving a couple of bucks a month?

How's godaddy.com? I heard some great things about them, and would like to hear from you guys?

I would suggest you to take a domain from GoDaddy.com. They are good registrar. I din't hear any bad reviews about them . They have good reviews in WHT.

But I don't know more about their web hosting packages.I have heard many mixed reviews about them

What was the actual problem when you had in dot5hosting ?
    What was their responds ?.

Godaddy has many negative reviews on this forum.

Regards,

I keep on getting "Internal Service Error", and then it will come back up, then 2 mins later, it will go down again.

The funny thing is when I call them (minimun 25 mins of waiting time), the tech support said he is unable to see anything wrong with it, and asked me to do tracert screenshots.

I told them server is having issues, not routing, if routing I wouldn't be getting internal server error. He is the type that doesn't really know anything.

i guess the dedicated server hosting is the only way to go but i can't afford paying $60/month now.

What makes you think you need a dedicated server? Is your site that big?

If you want some recommendations, state your requirements and im sure a few people will reply with their suggestions.

i guess the dedicated server hosting is the only way to go but i can't afford paying $60/month now.
    google "semi-dedicated"

Kind Regadrs,

I did some quick search and I find some of the companies, they have some servers below the cost of $60. I think if you have the need of a dedicated server you can select them. Aplus is one of them.

Can you explain little more about your current website ?
    why did you said you have the need of dedicated server ?

well, the website I have is growing in size, right now I am probably getting 250,000 pageviews a month.

even though some shared hosting company is little bit better than others, but people still having issues with them when their websites are getting more traffic.

I thought the dedicated hosting might be the only way to go, as I really don't wanna spent 2 days a week dealing with websites going down.

I'm going to kill you if you even think about godaddy.
    semi-retired

wow, sounds like a lot of negativity around godaddy

I thought it's a big company since they were doing the superbowl commercial and all.

guess a lot of ppl having bad experiences with them.

goddady hosting has some bad reviews ... but their main product is domain names, at which they are #1.

They are definitely good at domain names. But hosting from experience is horrible. I believe its outsourced and support is very timely.. 24-72 hour waiting time for single issue.

I would suggest a real hosting company not a company that just offers it.

Personally ,I don't think $60 will get you a decent dedicated server.

Depending on your site, but 250,000 pageviews isn't really huge. A VPS will be just fine.

I've always gotten good service from Godaddy. The hosting is reliable and easy to use...custom control panel, but works fine for me. I've had no problems in all the time I've hosted with them and they are inexpensive. I would recommend them.

honesty Godaddy was the best Ive used so far.
    but we had to leave them because they dont, or didnt, offer any way to stop folks from using sites like Gigaloader.com to run us into bankruptcy.
    If they would just enable a throttle policy I could set to keep from going over the monthly traffic cap Id go back in a heartbeat.
    (yes, I tried a few other ways to block these sites like gigaloader, but they get around every time and I always find out AFTER the fact)

Our current host offers more for less, but their uptime and tech support is a joke compared to Godaddy. Not to mention at Godaddy our sites were ultra fast...at our current host theyre average in loading time entirely.

Godaddy also charges for features many companies include, but for us it wasnt a problem..altho now it would be since Ive added some things.

If its uptime youre looking for Godaddy was excellent when we were with them just a few months ago.

I keep on getting "Internal Service Error", and then it will come back up, then 2 mins later, it will go down again.

The funny thing is when I call them (minimun 25 mins of waiting time), the tech support said he is unable to see anything wrong with it, and asked me to do tracert screenshots.

I told them server is having issues, not routing, if routing I wouldn't be getting internal server error. He is the type that doesn't really know anything.
    Thats what ours was doing and does from time to time.
    It all just started a few weeks ago tho, so Im trying to ride it out and see if it gets better.
    Someone mentioned that there were some major internet lines overseas that were damaged/cut recently, so Im wondering if that has played into the problems

Quote Originally Posted by web77org View Post
    honesty Godaddy was the best Ive used so far.
    but we had to leave them because they dont, or didnt, offer any way to stop folks from using sites like Gigaloader.com to run us into bankruptcy.
    If they would just enable a throttle policy I could set to keep from going over the monthly traffic cap Id go back in a heartbeat.
    (yes, I tried a few other ways to block these sites like gigaloader, but they get around every time and I always find out AFTER the fact)

Our current host offers more for less, but their uptime and tech support is a joke compared to Godaddy. Not to mention at Godaddy our sites were ultra fast...at our current host theyre average in loading time entirely.

Godaddy also charges for features many companies include, but for us it wasnt a problem..altho now it would be since Ive added some things.

If its uptime youre looking for Godaddy was excellent when we were with them just a few months ago.
    That's a strong first post. Almost every review on here about godaddy is the exact opposite of your review. Please share the site you have with them so we can verify.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by utropicmedia-karl View Post
    That's a strong first post. Almost every review on here about godaddy is the exact opposite of your review. Please share the site you have with them so we can verify.

Regards,
    Well, first post or no, Im basically presenting the facts as I have seen them.
    If thats going to be a problem here you probably should disable my account immediately because Im not going to lie and say Godaddy was anything less than perfect while we used them.

Secondly, I think I explained VERY clearly that we are no longer using them and I also explained very clearly the reasoning.

From the very post you quoted:
    "...but we had to leave them because
    they dont, or didnt, offer any way to stop folks from using sites like Gigaloader.com to run us into bankruptcy.
    I have made NO claims as to other experiences here and I have not belittled or disagreed with a single persons opinions.
    But whether you are an admin here or not, Im not about to allow you to bully me into any particular response.

While we used them Godaddy was PERFECT in every regard....that is simply fact.
    I left them for ONE reason as stated above.
    What anyone else thought about them really isnt my business or concern, kwim ?

Well, first post or no, Im basically presenting the facts as I have seen them.
    If thats going to be a problem here you probably should disable my account immediately because Im not going to lie and say Godaddy was anything less than perfect while we used them.

Secondly, I think I explained VERY clearly that we are no longer using them and I also explained very clearly the reasoning.

I have made NO claims as to other experiences here and I have not belittled or disagreed with a single persons opinions.
    But whether you are an admin here or not, Im not about to allow you to bully me into any particular response.

While we used them Godaddy was PERFECT in every regard....that is simply fact.
    I left them for ONE reason as stated above.
    What anyone else thought about them really isnt my business or concern, kwim ?

Apologies - I misread the post. What kind of site did you have with them? (ffmpeg, php+sql, etc?) Can you provide any insight on the volume your site had that allowed it to have the solid uptime? Many people complain about being disabled, slow pageloads, etc.

Regards,

web77org, asking for a domain for verification is a standard procedure on WHT. It's generally best asked by the moderating staff, because we have more resources available to us for verification, and we do most of the "thread-blessing" on WHT. If you could give the domain of the site you previously hosted with GoDaddy, we can put a gold star on this review there will be no question of legitimacy

Quote Originally Posted by dabri99 View Post
    I've always gotten good service from Godaddy. The hosting is reliable and easy to use...custom control panel, but works fine for me. I've had no problems in all the time I've hosted with them and they are inexpensive. I would recommend them.
    dabri99, if you could do the same, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Btw...we are presently using IX webhosting which Im finding is becoming more and more subpar.

Btw...we are presently using IX webhosting which Im finding is becoming more and more subpar.
    Another 'notorious' company....

Kind Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
    web77org, asking for a domain for verification is a standard procedure on WHT. It's generally best asked by the moderating staff, because we have more resources available to us for verification, and we do most of the "thread-blessing" on WHT. If you could give the domain of the site you previously hosted with GoDaddy, we can put a gold star on this review there will be no question of legitimacy

Thanks!
    the domains I still have registered with them (paid up till sometime 2009 at this point) are:

4-jc.com
    assembly-ministries.com

I keep them at Godaddy because the second they change their policies to either allow me to throttle my sites or make it so when my monthly transfer cap is reached the sites would just shut down till the new billing period we will go back.

I had the .coms running at Godaddy and my mirror .orgs at IX, but we were hit by some nimrods using gigaloader who run up a ton of bandwidth over a 6 hour period and pretty much shut the server down.
    At IX I have more control and can throttle my sites so I dont have to worry about exceeding my bandwith and losing my arse paying $2 per GB over because of these folks with no lives.

At Godaddy, I didnt see any way to stop it so I called and the saleman was very honest that if they did this to my Godaddy sites that after my monthly allotment that Id be billed at $2 per GB over.

We tried blocking it, but there seem to be too many ways around it and too may ways of screwing me.
    So I decided that the only viable way to make sure I didnt get a $10000 hosting bill one month was to make sure that firstly my sites shut down if I hit my cap and secondly to have a throttle policy set.

Of course, its all meaningless now since some nitwit at IX webhosting decided that 'unlimited bandwidth' is a good selling feature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast