Question European Dedicated for Web & Streaming

Hi all,

I am about to launch a website featuring video streaming. The web site will be in English, but the public will be European. In this sense, I am looking for a host which has a good and reliable network all over Europe.

My budget will be roughly 200€ / month in a first time. I am not necessarily looking for a cheap host, but for good network connectivity - primarily in Europe - as video streaming is something that just cannot wait.

Ideally, the server would be host in the UK (or the host would provide UK geolocalised IPs). I was thinking to OVH (because of the UK geolocalised IP features) and their European dimensions, but I am not sure about their network and equipments reliability…

Any good / established European host to recommend, guys ?
    Thank you in advance.

How much monthly transfer do you need?

We use leaseweb for more than 2 years without serious issues. Their network is one of the best in Europe.

Hi CretaForce,

And thank you for your answer!

It's a brand new project, so I don't expect to see huge data transfers in the first months.

I took a quick look on their offers, and to give you an idea, if I chose leaseweb I think I would go for a 10Mbps Unmetered server in a first time (then I could upgrade for a 50Mbps one if the project is successful).

For these servers, is it guaranteed bandwidth? And is it burstable? Finally, did you have the opportunity to test the leaseweb’s network performance in different European countries (especially France and Germny) ?

10Mbps unmetered is capped to 10Mbps. You are not going to have problem using 10Mbps 24/7. I haven't test their network from France or Germany but I get good speed from Greece.

If you want provide me some test files located in France and Germany and I can tell you what speeds I get.

Thanks again. One last question for you : do you know if they provide UK IP Adresses, because it seems all their DC are present in the Netherlands.

I am concerned about geolocalisation for Search Engine Optimisation issues (better to have an English web site hosted in an English speaking country).
    Last edited by LambHyjoo; 02-18-2008 at 07:11 AM.

I am not sure about that but I think they have only NL IP addresses. Try to contact their live sales for more information.

LambHyjoo Please contact PM.

I recommend you to search the forum before buying something at LeaseWeb