Unhappy Transfering Domain from Yahoo

Hi,

After several attempts to contact Yahoo Small Business (emails = no response, calling = 30 mins wait time - no kidding!!), I decided to start the process of shopping around to transfer my domain.

So, I would like to know what are the specific steps to take towards this change, hoping I could still keep not only my domain name but the email accounts and if possible the current email that I have not been able to retrieve for several weeks.

I just have a web site and no more than 3 email accounts. Nothing fancy.

Any help or advice will be appreciate it.

Thanks
    Claudio

It is almost impossible to transfer a domain away from Yahoo/MelbourneIT. I say almost. But a rare few have done it. Hopefully one of those successful ones will read your post and tell you how it's done. You might checkout the Tutorials section here. I have a feeling someone might have posted about that there (but I could be wrong). You should certainly be considering what you Plan B should be.
    Signature Under Construction.

I had no problems transferring my domains from Yahoo Domains to Namecheap recently.

I can't seem to post the link to the steps you should take, but you can search Yahoo Help for : Transferring domains.

I think the days of "almost impossible to transfer a domain away from Yahoo/MelbourneIT" is long gone.

I'm pretty sure I'm not one of the rare few who has made that transfer, especially lately. So I don't think you'll have a problem doing it, Claudio.

Yahoo says it should take 3 days to make the transfer. It took 5 days for me.

In all honesty, Yahoo hasn't been all that bad a Domain Registrar. I just thought NameCheap has a better control panel.

I'm afraid I can't provide any information on keeping your Yahoo email accounts though. I host that domain and emails with another webhost. But you may like to search Yahoo Help or just wait out here, I'm sure help will come in soon.

cheers.

Unless you can actually help, I don't see the point of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by iaujus View Post
    I can't seem to post the link to the steps you should take, but you can search Yahoo Help for : Transferring domains.
    I think I'm trying to help over here.

Ok, have gotten 5 posts now, so I can attach the proper link:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sma...ininfo-22.html

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2 View Post
    It is almost impossible to transfer a domain away from Yahoo/MelbourneIT. I say almost. But a rare few have done it. Hopefully one of those successful ones will read your post and tell you how it's done. You might checkout the Tutorials section here. I have a feeling someone might have posted about that there (but I could be wrong). You should certainly be considering what you Plan B should be.
    I too think the same. They might have locked your domain and their support is not that good enough for small clients.

As informative, last month i transfer out of Angelfire.com, who use melbourne. IO think he need chek in melbourne for his auth code, is the way i go and function ok.
    Each registrar is a tool. Not all Tools are for the same thing

How does OP get their MelbourneIT account name and password?

In the Angelfire case was not intuitive. They have a Method to recover your info based in your email. With that email, i get the data and my domain is safe now.
    Each registrar is a tool. Not all Tools are for the same thing