Thread: Why go to VPS?

Why go to VPS?

I am sorry if I am a "off" on the subject, as I do not know about VPS or Dedicated Servers much. Isn't it really difficult to manage a VPS? How hard is running one? I'm sure it's not like just a reseller or shared server, is it?

I would like to know these things. I know I want to switch to either a VPS or Dedicated, once I have a successful hosting company.

Thanks.

its only difficult to manage one if you don't have any knowledge/experience of the operating system.

the basics of linux isnt that hard to learn though...

It's really simple if you know Linux, and very easy with cPanel if you know your way around WHM.

I'm very familiar with cPanel and WHM! What are the best types of VPS?

5. I'm very familiar with cPanel and WHM too

I think it's better to run en VPS with DirectAdmin, needs less memory.
    Then you have the same control panel for manage of server and users.

define your question a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by host-xp View Post
    What are the best types of VPS?

Managing a VPS is pretty much the same as managing a dedicated server. Think of it as a scaled-down version of a server, especially if you do not need the full capacity of a full server but need root access or offer reseller's accounts.

The major difference between a dedicated server and a VPS is that for the case of the dedicated server, you have full access to the physical machine while a VPS still shared the physical hardware and network port with the other vps on the same machine.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

a vps is like the same thing as a dedicated. the only difference is, a vps is a "broken Down" version of a dedicated.

Thanks for the info guys...

I like to know, What is the difference between Managed and Unmanaged VPS Servers?

Managed is when everything is taken care of for you (depending on the level of management). Security patches, updates and anything else a server would require. Unmanaged is when they give you the VPS/Dedicated server and just hold up their end of the bargain by keeping your server online.
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed Cloud Servers in Canada. Join our White Labelled WHMCS Cloud VPS Reseller Program to become your own host!
    SSD Accelerated Cloud | cPanel/WHM | Softaculous | Idera Backups | Bitcoin & Litecoin Accepted

Thanks for the info! What I meant by "What is the best types of VPS?" is I was wanting to know some really good places to get a VPS, and what is the average price of them.

I like hostpenguin.net
    They have VPS Servers starting at 9.99 per month and they have GREAT support!

Quote Originally Posted by host-xp View Post
    Thanks for the info! What I meant by "What is the best types of VPS?" is I was wanting to know some really good places to get a VPS, and what is the average price of them.
    Knownhost, WiredTree, and Zone.net are all great VPS providers. Price range can vary dramatically depending on what you need.

^^
    All the above provider are great vps providers as he said. I have not had experience with WiredTree but I have heard alot of good things about them.

I got my VPS from Futurehosting.biz and I used them because of their managed service which is at a reasonable price.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions