1. Which is the best billing solutuion?

Hi, I was wondering which billing solution you think is best and your resasons. I'm considering Clientexec or WHMCS but not sure if any others are better?

Don't like modernbill for its complexity.

Cheers,

Ian

CE and WHCMS are popular options, MB is popular but judging from recent forums posts (on various sites) they seem to be having a lot of problems recently.

Personally I use CE because it fits my needs, however just because it works for me doesn't mean it's right for you. I'd suggest writing a list of what you need and then comparing that to what each offers. Play with the demos, ask questions and make an informed descision!

WHCMS is more easy to use according to me. But all of them is complex softwares.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

I have used both WHMCS and ClientExec. I would recommend WHMCS as it is a simpler interface, faster, and just as powerful as ClientExec.

I always found WHMCS to be the perfect solution when I sold shared web hosting.

What exactly are you billing? Any other requirements like support for certain API's?

Well, I'll give some of my insight about the two. I have been using WHMCS for about the past 4 months but have recently decided to switch over to clientexec.

Clientexec Pros and Cons
    -Price
    -Client Area
    -Clientexec support is :-/
    -Lacks certain features but with the new version of clientexec coming out it looks promising.
    -No Import scripts to my knowledge

WHMCS Pros and Cons
    -Easy to customize
    -Plenty of features
    -Constant Updates
    -Security Exploit that has not been addressed (reason why we left)
    -Price is reasonable
    -To many people are using WHMCS which does not give a unique feel.
    -You can almost import from any other type of Billing Script

My suggestion would be to try the 10 day free trial from WHMCS or view the demo. You should also take a look at the demo on the clientexec website.

8. Hi, I'm selling shared and reseller packages. I want to integrate the system with enom/directi domain registrars and also sell ssl certificates and web design/development packages. Should have google checkout, paypal, offline ordering and preferbly nochex.

Thanks for your help,

Ian

I would personally pick Clientexec in your case but the best thing to always do is research before buying.

I did always want to try out Clientexec actually, the company who make it do seem much more professional. Something that comes to mind is the recent scare with WHMCS source being released, search the forums and something should come up on it!

I am not in anyway trying to say Clientexec is 100% secure as i've recently came accross a few threads; but the only thing that disturbs me with WHMCS is the constant updates with features but nothing really in regards to security.

12. I really like the interfaces in WHMCS and how the client area has a knowledgebase, downloads, good support ticketing system but if they update it all the time my integrations would get wiped all the time. Do you know if the security hole is big?

Client exec, I don't like the client/order interfaces much and it looks alot more basic (less features) than WHMCS. Admin interface is good, like it how you can have different currencies.

If only there was something like WHMCS but without the constant updates & security flaw.

Cheers,

Ian

they actualy fixed the security issues in 3.6 release and the changelogs are good so you don't have to overwirte all your template files when you upgrade just do the changes.

I would recommend Ubersmith if you can afford it. stay away from MB

Quote Originally Posted by dessolator View Post
    Hi, I was wondering which billing solution you think is best and your resasons. I'm considering Clientexec or WHMCS but not sure if any others are better?

Don't like modernbill for its complexity.

Cheers,

Ian
    WHMCS is a much better choice for a web host billing software.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

15. Thanks for all your replies,

As the security updates have been sorted in WHMCS, I have chosen to go with them (via licensepal) as the interfaces and features are very nice. Thanks for all your help with this.

Cheers,

Ian

Actually, I'm editing this post to remove my reply, as I'm going to just start a new thread about it.