Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

servage a BIG SCAM

I have a hosting account at servage.net and it turned out to be a big SCAM, they took my money and suspended my account.
    Reason: " At this time today our servers have
    served more than 428456 requests for your account."
    That's nowhere in the terms of service, and they even don't want to refund me.

I advice other hosting purchaser to STAY AWAY from servage if you want a professional and reliable hosting service and not a service that shuts down your service when they want to.

Sorry to hear your bad experiance with Servage.com. What was your web hosting plan ?.
    How long you stayed there?. How much you paid ?

I paid about 112 EUR, I had the ONLY plan they have, the CRAP one and the account is from end of january
    I had another problem with another website, same thing happend, but I moved that site because I had there lots of visitors daily,
    This one now is just rising, no more than 300 uniques/ day and I get this crap

And now they tel me "You won't get any money back at all. As we have only 5 days money back guarantee.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Steven, Support
    Servage Hosting"

What do you think I should do?

Ha ha
    NICE, 5 days money back guarantee.....

Not much you can do, they suspended your site for resource violations. They should give you the opportunity to fix things. Pehaps put a lower usage account on it?

But I bit much to call them a scam unless they refuse to help you in anyway.

Have you tried contacting them to see what exactly you did that got you suspended? That post doesn't contain enough details for us to know what's really going on.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

Interesting, what kind of site were you hosting?
    data center directory - The comprehensive data center resource. Version 2.0 coming soon!

What was your site?
    Such corrective action may include the assessment of additional charges, disconnection or discontinuance of any and all Services, or termination of this Agreement, which actions may be taken is in Servages sole and absolute discretion. If Servage takes any corrective action under this section, Customer shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid in advance prior to such action.
    their TOS. I'm afraiod you have little chance. Try contcat their support.

This is somewhat your fault aswell, they oversell, this was going to happen some time..

Plus, is that 400k+ hits? I think a VPS or a dedicated server would be better for you, not shared.

Quote Originally Posted by bizaro View Post
    I paid about 112 EUR, I had the ONLY plan they have, the CRAP one
    Maybe your website requires something a bit higher up than the "CRAP one" plan?
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Your website seems to be large and getting a lot of visitors, why would you go with an overseller and not a high end shared plan or vps

Quote Originally Posted by JelloX View Post
    This is somewhat your fault aswell, they oversell, this was going to happen some time..

Plus, is that 400k+ hits? I think a VPS or a dedicated server would be better for you, not shared.
    I was waiting for someone to suggest a VPS or Dedicated Server. But remember, they may not have experience in managing servers and there for a VPS or dedicated server would be pointless. There are several hosts, that don't oversell, that would be able to accommodate such a small amount of visitors.

400,000+ visitors is a "small amount", if 400,000 users was a small amount, I would be the owner of Google right now and logging the hits. If you have alot of bandwidth, then yes, it can be done, though, most shared hosts will think your taking up resources unless you contact them for a custom solution.

He could always get a VPS and get someone to manage it for as little as $30/mo...if I had 400,000 users I wouldn't be looking for shared hosting.

I don't really blame them for it
    You had a website that was serving over 300 uniques a day!
    I assume its not a static website
    at the price you're paying/mo , you really can't expect so much CPU resources to be allowed to you!
    Try getting a VPS

Quote Originally Posted by viratshah View Post
    I don't really blame them for it
    You had a website that was serving over 300 uniques a day!
    I assume its not a static website
    at the price you're paying/mo , you really can't expect so much CPU resources to be allowed to you!
    Try getting a VPS
    300 uniques a day is not much at all.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at Servage. Perhaps you'll get better reliability at a host with more realistic pricing.

Servage are a huge overseller, the control panel they provide lacks even some basic features and the support staff from my last experience a while ago don't know very much.

If i remember correctly (was it about a year ago?) everything went down for a day or so because someone cut one of there fibre wires and then a day or so later it happened again to the other wire? or am i wrong and just being thick :-D

What else did you expect from an oversold "CRAP" plan?

I've had a site with servage for ages that is just to much hassle to move, and regularly get way over the above 300 stated hits. there's got to be more to it than that.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

always read the follows AUP, TOS, SLA, Privacy Content

i wont mention which web hosting co - but i actually found one that had in their privacy statement - the reason for the low price that they we allowed to sell your name to legitimate advertisers who you will accept email from. - nice hey
    Rebel Networks
    Geek Powered Hosting - The Cloud Made Simple
    SuperHero 24 |7 | 365 Support
    Please Visit us @ www.rebelnetworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by maniakaz View Post
    What was your site?

their TOS. I'm afraiod you have little chance. Try contcat their support.
    People fail to read the TOS. Most of the Hosting companies play down a very good trick in this part to fool the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Most of the Hosting companies play down a very good trick in this part to fool the customers.

Terms of Service and AUP's aren't there to fool the customers. They are there to protect the host and the customers.

The best TOS is in World of Warcraft, which states quite openly that if you sign up, they own your soul
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Not many hosts define the exakt resource limits (CPU/Hits) that you're allowed to use so it can often come as a surprise what the exact limit it. 400000 hits per day is a fair amount in a shared environment. If you want semidedicated performance I guess you will have to pay for it.
    -Mr Bister

I would stay away from anyone offering as much storage and transfrer as they do for the amount they charge....insane

Quote Originally Posted by thebyp2 View Post
    The best TOS is in World of Warcraft, which states quite openly that if you sign up, they own your soul
    yeah i like that lol.

i became a bit of anti-servage now after staying with them for more than a year (almost all of my posts are anti-servage ). reason being i always keep hitting their daily bandwidth limit (i think it's 70gb per day?) and requests thingy. but when i moved to another host, i only used 10gb for one whole month.

If it was just 300 unique hits a day, then a crap plan should be able to handle that. It's very pathetic if someone's server can't handle 300 unique visitors every day
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059 View Post
    If it was just 300 unique hits a day, then a crap plan should be able to handle that. It's very pathetic if someone's server can't handle 300 unique visitors every day
    You might want to read what the OP said. The OP stated that they cancelled because of the TOTAL requests served, not because of the 300 per day.

ahhhhhh.....I take back my last comment. You better get a VPS or a Dedicated server if you don't want your sites to end up getting terminated all the time.
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

With oversellers you really cant have any dynamic site that gets any kind of hits. I used to say that you could never ever be able to use what servage allocated no matter what you do but thats not true. If you have static files you can use it all.

I didnt believe it until I seen it
    http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1029/servhu9.jpg

I do think its getting bad what a lot of hosts now consider to be reasonable usage for shared accounts. They push way too many people into VPS and dedicated servers, a lot of hosts are doing this.

Good luck, If you dont want to run a vps, learn how to run your own server, etc then dont. Find a host that will make a plan for you. Do not let someone push you into something you are not ready to do.

I'm not sure of the whole story here as there is limited details, but to say a host is a scam after they suspend your account is a bit harsh. You quoted Servage saying

"At this time today our servers have served more than 428456 requests for your account."

does this mean script requests, hits, visitors..? which of these does it mean? If its visitors then why choose a shared host which has be known to oversell?

Have you asked them if it means visitors or is it a script error causing high requests?

I think you should dig a little deeper before jumping on the band wagon here.

Here's from a support ticket I have:

"Please note that each Servage account is allowed upto 400,000 hits per day. This is a automated mail send to the owners to notify him that he is nearing the hit count limit for the day. This mail is sent so that the webmaster is aware of the issue and so that he can take necessary measures and the website never gets tripped off. You will need not worry about the mail unless your account exceeds the hit count limit."

Requests = hits (as in one visitor can generate many hits).
    -Mr Bister

I thought you better have a VPS.

Sounds like you need to move to a dedicated server.
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

i completly agree with you and want to add there stats are big fraud . they are the biggest frud on net

While servage may be wrong to not help address the issue, it still is quite a stretch to call them a fraudulent hosting company. They did provide the service, however according to their AUP/TOS the service was abused due to extensive resource overusage.

In other words if you expect to have a lot of usage it's best to buy hosting according to such.
    Justin Schurawlow :: Technology Enthusiast
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog

I was thinking... that people will never reach that kind of bandwidth or space, in a legal and clean way.

I mean, to reach that kind of bandwidth then your site must be really recieve tons of unique visitors/old visitors flowing in, and since the CPU will go high they either suspend your account because of resources or suspend it every darn day because it reached the mass quota.

Meaning that your site will slowly die because they can't get into it

Well, I can't confirm this of course, just a thought.
    Freelancer
    Site Coming Soon | Route Cafe Blog

Servage is an big fraud if you dnt agree with me on this then you either work for servage or have not hosted on servage yet.!

Quote Originally Posted by lion21 View Post
    Servage is an big fraud if you dnt agree with me on this then you either work for servage or have not hosted on servage yet.!
    Ok, you've said this more than once. We've heard your opinion - if you have something new to post then do so otherwise please let an old thread die.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lion21 View Post
    Since I don't work for servage, but have a account there, maybe you could explain what they did to you instead of just flaming servage / this thread. Please, don't come here and tell other people that they have to agree with you regarding your opinions (especially without facts). Servage must be doing something right considering the amount of accounts/domains hosted there vs the amount of complaints.
    -Mr Bister

Funny how many people on here want to blame the OP for going with a company that is such an "obvious overseller," yet many on here defend overselling, stating that many hosts do it responsibly, so it isn't really a bad thing.

How was this guy supposed to know they're huge oversellers? You get people on here bashing them, and people defending them...who is to be believed?

It seems like he had no idea he was going to get half a million hits (seems like in a day from the subsequent posts...didn't one mention 400k/day as limit?)...he said he was used to getting 300 uniques a day. Even if he did get that many hits, why terminate? Why not suspend and warn the client that something has to be done?

It's great that a TOS can let you do anything you feel like, but there is a decent way to treat people, and then there is this way...would it have been too much to yank his site and suggest he get a vps or dedicated server? Isn't communication a part of business?

I can't help but empathise with the guy...notthat this has happened to me in the world of hosting (yet?), but a bum deal is a bum deal...especially when you prepay and the provider decides to keep it all even though they could return some of it with no financial loss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast