Windows Firewall ?

Hey there,

Can anyone recommend any good Windows 2003 Firewalls? Apart from Sygate and the standard one.

One that won't block the remote port or does force a reboot.

It is unlikely that you will find anything that plays that deep in the system that installs without a reboot.

Why not use the packet filter capabilities of the RRAS service?

You have a choice of using the gui or the netsh commandline interfaces. The netsh interface would be very comfortable for anyone who has used cisco cli's before.

It can also be combined with the ipsec capabilities of WIN2x.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Windows Server 2003 comes with 2 firewalls, Windows Firewall and the basic firewall in routing and remote access. No need to pile more code on the machine and cause yourself more problems. If you intend to use the server as an "online workstation" then you should set up a regular user account and only use the Administrator account for server maintenence.

I forgot to mention, I want a user friendly one, Windows Firewall ain't, as I have to undergo several changes and all that crap just to block one simple IP.

plumsauce, thanks, problem is, I've never been working with CISCO before, and I have no clue what RRAS service is.

Well I do know Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro is pretty good, I believe you can even give it a try for 30 days free if you want to check out the features it has; chances are it will require a reboot and might block your ports. Your best bet would be to either get the company that is supply your server to either set it up for you and configure it properly to allow you remote access or get a KVM switch set up to your server.
    This would be a solution on any firewall you may choose.