* DDoS Protected Colocation! Know Any?

I am looking for a data center to colocate to that is well suited against DDOS attacks. I'd also like it to be a fast and reliable host that has very little downtime and great speeds within the US, europe and asia. Also, low costs are always a plus. Any suggestions? Thanks!

awknet.com

I would also recommend awknet. Justin knows what he is doing and is extremely helpful.

is that the only one
    ?

steadfast.net

Quote Originally Posted by starkana View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Yes, decide what you want - fast, reliable, protected, cheap - pick two
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Which regions are you looking at? How many (estimated) mbps will you be pushing?

You have to search and look very carefully, because most of the Data Centers claim that they have DDoS protection/mitigation tools in place, while the truth to the matter is that this would most probably be a Cisco kind of device/hardware which is not capable of handling major attacks when they occur!

If you really look for guaranteed and reliable security you'd better choose the Data Center and the DDoS mitigation solution separately.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ElTino View Post
    If you really look for guaranteed and reliable security you'd better choose the Data Center and the DDoS mitigation solution separately.
    Typically, clients looking to get into DDoS mitigated colocation are doing so because the infrastructure requirements to do it themselves are beyond the limitations of their budget. Or sometimes the provider can just do a better job.

Awknet - DDoS Mitigation, Upstream ACLs/Filtering, Unmanaged Dedicated Servers, BGP IP Transit & More!

Awknet.com is the right place!

Gigenet is very good in DDoS Protection.

Hi,
    Try Prolexic Technologies, Inc.
    prolexic.com
    They have got important pages and the support is first class.

Yeah... I'm also looking for someone who can provide mass ddos protection since I push over 5gbit in traffic.

The last time I spoke to Prolexic rep (which is Internap now), they can handle 3GBps. I'm not sure if they can handle more, though I would not be surprised if they do.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Awknet and Gigeservers are the few that offer true DDOS mitigation which is what you are looking for.

There are only a few number of hosts in the world that offer true DDOS mitigation that can handle large DDOS attacks.

awknet can handle a 10 gig ddos attacks. all links coming in for inbound are 10 gig so upstream filtering against networks coming in ie... asian bots being blocked in asia on awknet providers equipment etc, same to be said about various portions of the us and europe. By far the best bang for the buck for ddos colocation provider.

Quote Originally Posted by rey View Post
    The last time I spoke to Prolexic rep (which is Internap now), they can handle 3GBps. I'm not sure if they can handle more, though I would not be surprised if they do.
    I've personally seen graphs of prolexic taking 8-10/gbit hits so they do their job very well. However with that comes a very hefty price. Overall for decent ddos filtering I always recommend Gigenet, Derek and crew have always been awesome with me.

Hi

e-gold and moneybookers have got the support of Prolexic.

Maybe I am wrong, but I've never seen these companies offline by DDoS attacks on the other hand Libertyreserve was offline several times.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by samuelrothstein View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, but I've never seen these companies offline by DDoS attacks
    Both of them have been down numerous time dure to attacks.
    There is no such thing as a DDoS Proof service.

Systems like prolexic for those willing to pay the price, do a very good job in DoS *mitigation* though.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules