Affiliate Links if the Offers Forums?

I know that affiliate links are prohibited board wide, but I wonder if they can be used in the offers forum.

The reason why I am asking is because I am playing with the idea of tracking what advertising posts in those forums generate the most clicks and signups. If I could put affiliate code into my already "order now" links it would be a lot easier to track that type of stuff.

And since it's a legal ad anyhow, there doesn't seem to be any harm in it.

Thoughts?

Jon

Plenty of other ways to track this. One way would be to make a special deal and link that, another would be to use a coupon of some kind, and yet another would be to simply check referers for hits.
    We can't allow it in some places and still prevent those that would post them to have "ordinary" affiliate linking.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Plenty of other ways to track this. One way would be to make a special deal and link that, another would be to use a coupon of some kind, and yet another would be to simply check referers for hits.
    We can't allow it in some places and still prevent those that would post them to have "ordinary" affiliate linking.
    Okie dokie.