Best Hosting Option for Startup Web Application?

I'm just need a second opinion. I'm a few weeks away from wrapping up developer on my php/mysql web application. I have been thinking about this and I'm still unsure of what would be the best hosting option would best for a launching a web application. At the very least I should be looking at some kind of VPS right? or should I be looking to try to co-lo a server or a Dedicated/Managed Server? uptime, having backups of my web application is important to me, however I don't think I can do the $380+ a month for rackspace for an web app that not yet making any money(I would like to do something like a rackspace if I could afford it).

so what kind of hosting would u guys choose for hosting a new web application? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

A new application? I would just buy good shared hosting until it starts getting big and creating revenue. Unless you absolutely need root control I see no reason why you can't use a shared plan.

If this is a new launched application, I'd suggest you go with a shared plan (e.g. HostGator), it will cost you only around $10/month.

As your site is new, you don't need that much resources VPS or dedicated plans provided.

Dedicated server is best if your traffic, Bandwidth, server resources is too much high otherwise you can start with shared hosting.
    Saeed Khan
    + WSI Partner 2001 - 2008
    + Complete Internet Web Application Solutions Provider (Small Business to Corporate Business)
    + www.plexuspk.com + www.plexushosting.com

I have budgeted around $1500+ for the first year of hosting , so something at or around $125 - $150 per month would be doable.

It seems a managed VPS is what you are looking for. Make sure to ask what is included in managed package

$1500/year should be plenty of budget for a dedicated server unless you're planning 10+ Mbps of bandwidth. I'm sure any of the forum regulars here would be happy to recommend a place based on their own experiences.

I think you can choose a VPS. I dont think you have not the need of a dedicated server. you can easily get it without any restriction, when we use VPS for a web application.

When i compare the budget you consider, it is enough for a VPS. If it is a VPS, you can manage it as your wish and also you have root access. It seems to be good for you.

If you just need standard features like PHP/MySQL/etc, go with shared hosting. Many times, a good shared host will outperform a VPS (and will be cheaper).

$1500/year is really not enough for a quality dedicated server and management so I would steer clear of that route for now. Plus, if you are just starting out, you definitely will not need your own server.

Quote Originally Posted by PE-Dave View Post
    If you just need standard features like PHP/MySQL/etc, go with shared hosting. Many times, a good shared host will outperform a VPS (and will be cheaper).

$1500/year is really not enough for a quality dedicated server and management so I would steer clear of that route for now. Plus, if you are just starting out, you definitely will not need your own server.
    I agree 100% with this statement. As you are just starting, look for a good semi-dedicated package. The provider should be able to help you easily scale out as your application needs more resources.

Kind Regards,

Thank you for the feedback.

So what about these two possible hosting options:

Which if the two you guys think would be better.

Load-Balanced Hosting at enginehosting.com
    Essential VPS servint at servint.net