Talking another out of control cop

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4jv1jlYYgYk&feature=related

being a mom of a kid who sometimes doesnt behave exactly as id like, im not sure if this video is a good thing or a bad thing...

the cop is obviously out of control, but apparently no one else has bothered disciplining this child much...

the cop is quite popular now:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Salvatore+Rivieri
    Last edited by Project X; 02-14-2008 at 06:54 PM.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Haha that punk kid had it coming with his kind of attitude. I feel that both sides are at fault. It seems that the cop had a pretty bad day and the punk kid just pissed him off. The kid had it coming but the cop went out of control with using force to try to restrain the kid. A warning and scolding seemed to have been enough.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

Hmm that;s jacked up but i bet the kid thinks next time..

This actually happened close by to me (I live just outside the city) They were talking about it on a local radio station the other day. From what I understand, the officer in question was quite popular before this incident. At least with the local families. Apparently he really looks out for the safety of the kids in the area. (Skate boarding is illegal in that part of the city, don't want kids falling in the harbor eh?)
    Who is General Fault, and why is he reading my disk?

I agree with Rageki-John; I'd say both sides are at fault here, but the officer went too far with putting the kid in a headlock and bringing him to the ground; this likely could have been resolved without the use of force.

How do you deal with sullen, lead foot skateboarders who talk back, pretend innocence, mosy away and come back as soon as you are gone? Too many adults take the bait and wind up being owned on youtube.

Need more cops like that I think.

To many punk *** kids like those running around disrespecting everyone they run into. They need to be brought down a few levels.

Not sure if I just missed some of the audio from the kid, but...am I missing something here? So the kid called him Dude a couple of times. So what? He's a kid, and that is their vernacular. Sure, he should have been more respectful and referred to him as Officer, but it's not like he used foul language or challenged the cop in any way. He just kept saying "sorry, dude, I didn't hear you. I didn't do anything."

As far as I can tell, the kid wasn't defiant, he didn't use foul language, he wasn't confrontational, and he actually seemed quite passive. Yet the cop was way over the top. Overzealous and duty struck. That is how the cop comes across. Give someone a badge and they think the world is one huge boot camp.

Make no mistake, I'm all for respect, discipline, etc. Teenagers nowadays tend to be irreverent, cocky and in your face. But honestly, this kid appears to have done nothing near deserving the treatment he received. I have to confess - if I was his parent and saw this video, I'd be bringing that Rambo Cop up on charges. I respect cops to no end. They put their lives on the line every day to protect us and I am a big fan of their dedication and courage. And I tend to afford them more latitude in their duties than others, but there is a limit to what they should be allowed to do.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I want to know the end if the sentence at the end.... "Is that camera on? I better not ....."

good thing that kid was on a skateboard and not in a wheelchair! who knows what might have happened!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    Not sure if I just missed some of the audio from the kid, but...am I missing something here? So the kid called him Dude a couple of times. So what? He's a kid, and that is their vernacular. Sure, he should have been more respectful and referred to him as Officer, but it's not like he used foul language or challenged the cop in any way. He just kept saying "sorry, dude, I didn't hear you. I didn't do anything."

As far as I can tell, the kid wasn't defiant, he didn't use foul language, he wasn't confrontational, and he actually seemed quite passive. Yet the cop was way over the top. Overzealous and duty struck. That is how the cop comes across. Give someone a badge and they think the world is one huge boot camp.

Make no mistake, I'm all for respect, discipline, etc. Teenagers nowadays tend to be irreverent, cocky and in your face. But honestly, this kid appears to have done nothing near deserving the treatment he received. I have to confess - if I was his parent and saw this video, I'd be bringing that Rambo Cop up on charges. I respect cops to no end. They put their lives on the line every day to protect us and I am a big fan of their dedication and courage. And I tend to afford them more latitude in their duties than others, but there is a limit to what they should be allowed to do.

Vito

That's pretty much what I was going to say. The only time I ever heard the kid raise his voice was when the cop asked him a question about his father, and the kid said "I don't have a father" and the cop cut him off and got up in his face.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

So you think the government should be making social changes? You sure you aren't a liberal?

Seriously, it's the job of the parents to bring their kids up with a sense of respect and responsibility; and it's a liberal idea for the government to effect social change, not conservative or republican.

Quote Originally Posted by cheyenne1212 View Post
    Need more cops like that I think.

To many punk *** kids like those running around disrespecting everyone they run into. They need to be brought down a few levels.