Gunman on my campus

http://www.niu.edu/alert/campus_alert.shtml

Pretty scary, classes are canceled but I am safe where I am now Reminded me of VT...
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

That is very scary to see how the site was updated over time.

It appears it made CNN's Breaking News as well...
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

That's absolutely horrible! I hope everyone who was injured is being treated and will be okay. I'm praying for everyone involved!

Dan I just heard about this...in fact I've been watching CNN for the last 10 minutes. I'm glad your alright man and I can only pray that everyone else will be okay as well.

glad you're alright

bbc says its the 4th shooting at a US school in a week

something wrong with your country...

Wow it has made CNN :O Everything is ok now, there should be a metting soon or a mass e-mail. We are getting counselors arriving now...
    Last edited by DWebby; 02-14-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slidey
    bbc says its the 4th shooting at a US school in a week
    I haven't heard of any others? In fact I haven't heard of one since Virginia Tech.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7246003.stm

But it is also the fourth shooting at a US school within a week.

Last Friday, a woman shot dead two fellow students before killing herself e at Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge. In Memphis, Tennessee, a 17-year-old is accused of shooting and critically wounding a student on Monday, and a 15-year-old was shot at a junior high school in California on Tuesday.

On Thursday, Kishwaukee Community Hospital said 13 victims had arrived for treatment after the De Kalb attack, including three to four with head wounds and some others had been transferred to bigger hospitals.
    when you dont even hear about them anymore, you know theres too many of them..
    Last edited by Slidey; 02-14-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: bit extra..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWalczak View Post
    I haven't heard of any others? In fact I haven't heard of one since Virginia Tech.
    There were a few in high schools in between Vtech and NIU.

Edit: He is correct. This is taken directly from Yahoo News.

The shooting was the fourth at a U.S. school within a week.

On Feb. 8, a woman shot two fellow students to death before committing suicide at Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge. In Memphis, Tenn., a 17-year-old is accused of shooting and critically wounding a fellow student Monday during a high school gym class, and the 15-year-old victim of a shooting at an Oxnard, Calif., junior high school has been declared brain dead.
    Last edited by eclouds; 02-14-2008 at 08:06 PM.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

Goddammit u wana kill urself feel free to do so, but why the **** kill someone else before u go ?

Stupid fiks !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    Goddammit u wana kill urself feel free to do so, but why the **** kill someone else before u go ?
    For attention, and every news organisation is playing right in to their hands.

Ever notice how the amount of school shootings seem to suddenly rise after a major shooting like VT? It's no coincidence that the people doing it want to get the attention the people before them got.
    - Jamie Harrop

There are just more and more shootings. I thought that these shootings would stop or there would be less after hearing about Columbine and Virginia Tech. It's just so sad to hear these things happening and I'm glad your alright .
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

Ironic that a school shooting happen in a state that has strict gun laws like Illinois, more ironic people aren't allowed to carry concealed (Illinois and Wisconsin are the only states that don't allow it), gun deaths always happen in gun free zones (or as I call them, government approved victim disarmament zones)
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

Death toll is 4 now (5 including the gunman). How sad this is, and my heart goes out to the families affected...
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Actually Tyler, the latest reports are saying that the gunman is the only deceased person right now:

Three or four had serious injuries, she said, adding she knew of no deaths at the hospital. Some had been shot, and others had been injured by flying debris.
    Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/14/us...ooting.html?hp

Let the conflicting reports begin, it seems.

18 people shot, 5 are dead, including gunman, police say
    Of those, six were in critical condition and were flown to other hospitals. One fatality, a male, was confirmed -- but was not the gunman, the hospital said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14/uni...ing/index.html

So I guess we'll have to see which is true, doesn't matter which is correct it doesn't make it less any horrific.
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

My friend from middle school is saying she saw a bunch of people running and ended up running with them. Said she wasn't near it but got out ok. She attends NIU.
    Nationhosts, LLC

Very sad to hear about these things. It definitely puts a scare in everyone who lives on any college campus to hear about other campuses have shootings, I know it did to me especially when VT happened. Glad to hear you're alright Dan and hope everyone you know is too, I just feel sorry for the victims and their families.

Something needs to be done about this, so far from what I know most school shooters have been diagnosed with some sort of mental illness. With that knowledge, something needs to be done, it's just hard to come up with an ethical plan to fix it.

It's made the news over here too. Condolences to everyone affected.

There are some seriously screwed up people in this world, and people like that shouldn't have access to guns. I know you guys have a "right to bear arms" but I don't think the loonies out there deserve that right!

Quote Originally Posted by Equentity - Jamie View Post
    For attention, and every news organisation is playing right in to their hands.

Ever notice how the amount of school shootings seem to suddenly rise after a major shooting like VT? It's no coincidence that the people doing it want to get the attention the people before them got.
    But again are they morons and dont realize that they will be dead anyways so wtf will all that attention do anyways ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bendweb View Post
    It's made the news over here too. Condolences to everyone affected.

There are some seriously screwed up people in this world, and people like that shouldn't have access to guns. I know you guys have a "right to bear arms" but I don't think the loonies out there deserve that right!
    There are already laws like that into effect (thanks to that law passed by Mccarthy and the NRA), doesn't mean criminals follow the law. We have laws against murder too, think that stops people from committing murder?
    Nationhosts, LLC

I'm sorry but I don't see how the acts of one person reflect on our entire country. This is indeed a horrible event, but I don't know how you can generalize like that. There are 303 million people in this country - there's bound to be some crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidey View Post
    something wrong with your country...

No, Mike, from our school site:

8:55 p.m. CST, 2/14/08

NIU can confirm six fatalities, including the gunman. Four of the dead were female and two, including the gunman, were male. In total, there were 22 injured or killed.

Saw it on TV a few minutes ago too.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    No, Mike, from our school site:

8:55 p.m. CST, 2/14/08

NIU can confirm six fatalities, including the gunman. Four of the dead were female and two, including the gunman, were male. In total, there were 22 injured or killed.
    Thats a shame. My prayers will be with the families.
    Last edited by MikeWalczak; 02-15-2008 at 12:57 AM.

Another reason for gun control. When will you people learn? Why does wikpedia report this crap. Its like a monthly occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by simonclark View Post
    Another reason for gun control. When will you people learn? Why does wikpedia report this crap. Its like a monthly occurrence.
    Right because we all know gun control and gun free zones are going to stop criminals *sigh*

Why do all the massacres happen in areas people are unarmed? You don't see these shootings at gun shows or NRA conventions.
    Nationhosts, LLC

And of course, who could have seen this coming, WestBoro Church plans to picket the funerals of those lost, as well as the memorials and vigils..

..disgusting..

http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/...ty-shooter.pdf

What has happened to the world?

Quote Originally Posted by simonclark View Post
    The School was/is a "Gun Free" zone, so according to the feel-good crowd this event should never have taken place.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWalczak View Post
    And of course, who could have seen this coming, WestBoro Church plans to picket the funerals of those lost, as well as the memorials and vigils..

..disgusting..

http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/...ty-shooter.pdf
    Wankers.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Burtan View Post
    What has happened to the world?
    It's always been this screwed up.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    Wankers.
    What would WestBoro say if a gunman mowed down the lot of them? These people actively instigate people, surprised they haven't had serious threats against them.

Truly horrible that the massacre happened. I'll be praying for the victims' families.