Thread: joomla hosting

joomla hosting

Well I am looking for a host which suits my sites demand running on joomla.
    I have 2 sites in joomla and I want to change my hosting.
    Please recomend some good host
    My Specifications
    Domains 2
    Disk Space Usage: 1.2gb
    Mysql 2
    Bandwidth used last month 13gb
    I currently have about 700 visitors per day

I need host with

Disk Space Usage at least 3-5gb
    Mysql at least 3-5
    Bandwidth 20gb-25gb
    budget 10-12 $ month

Please recommend some good, responsible host based on my needs

Joomla is a great product, almost any shared host can provide you this, your budget might be a bit tight for a quality host.

I would suggest you to take a look in the offer section or use the 'find a host' on top of this page.

Downtownhost.com:
    5 gigs space
    100 gigs bandwith
    mySQL: can't remember, Jedito may update this.
    Price: 7.95$ / month if paid for 1 year.

I read about some great experience from people who are using dreamtownhost.Anybody else- please recommend some good host?What do you think about jaguar pc ?

stefanx, used them before for some projects, and they did do a good job, but its been a while since i used their services. you could use the search button to find some more 'current' reviews.
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

I read about some great experience from people who are using dreamtownhost
    You did a merge
    Is downtownhost or dreamhost
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

*Buying dreamtownhost domain

You might wanna look at imountain.com.
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting

downtownhost

jedito yours offers are good,but why is that big difference for paying montly 18$ and 3 years 6.95$? do you give some promo (test) period or Discount Coupons for first 1,2 months.

Do you have any preference over the type of control panel? eg. cpanel, plesk
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by stefanx View Post
    downtownhost

jedito yours offers are good,but why is that big difference for paying montly 18$ and 3 years 6.95$? do you give some promo (test) period or Discount Coupons for first 1,2 months.
    A lumpsum of money upfront is always better than the promise of money in the long run. Factoring risk premium, market uncertainty, inflationary costs, and any other unseen costs, you'll see people charge more and more for small, monthly installments.

While the difference in cost for DTH may be a bit extreme, at least in my opinion, it's clear why they would do it. I wouldn't recommend that you sign on long term for a host, because you simply never know what is going to happen. Then again, DTH is reputable company, and you may be able to negotiate a pro-rated refund should you ever need to leave.

downtownhost

If you have sales queries, please contact the host using the support channels listed on the site.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

Anybody else- please recommend some good host?

What do you think about jaguar pc?
    Jaguar PC would be a great choice!

I have an SDX account with JagPC...

Not only am I running Joomla, but WordPress, MediaWiki, PHP-Nuke, yada, yada, yada - all at the same time - all on the same account - with '0' problems.

I get 40,000-50,000 page views a day, give or take, and the shared SDX server I'm on isn't even breathing hard!

If you don't have a lot of traffic, you can get away with GigaDeal Hosting - I did for several years, but outgrew it.

Talking about growth...

Jaguar PC is one-stop shopping! As your site[s] grow, they'll be able to accommodate your needs - from regular 'jungle floor' shared hosting to fully managed dedicated servers.

Anyway, give 'em a shot!
    .::: HaPPY² | Vin's Place | Vin's Broadband Meter Speed Test
    The problem with ppl who know enough to be dangerous is they're dangerous!

Those are really basic needs. It doesn't seem like you use much disk space, bandwidth, or server resources to run your website. You can probably get a decent host for under $10 a month. Some of the suggestions that members from WHT suggested are pretty good to go with.
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

Hi,

Why don't you compare hosts in reviews section. Most reviewd hosts will benefit from this but they probably have more customers who are objective enough about the services they use.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor