Jaguar Technologies aquiring Aletia

Hmm... on aletia's forum there was a statement that Jaguar Technologies was aquiring Aletia, but searching the forums here for "Jaguar Technologies" produced nothing... has anyone heard of Jaguar Technologies, and does one think that they will be able to change Aletia, or still try to find a new host?

Jaguar = jaguarpc. A search on that should give you what you're after.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.

Speaking from experiance as having worked with JaguarPC before you can count on the fact that Greg will get things turned around at Aletia again. If you hang in there for a little while things will pick up. JaguarPC is a great company...

regards,
    Michael
    <?
    header("Location: http://www.hostevolve.com/");
    ?>

Thank you for the keyword Annette. ^_^ Hopefully it'll give me some insight on Jaguar. It seems like it has quite a bit of good recommendations.

I also apprectiate the feedback, michaeln. ^_^ The only reason that I chose Aletia is because of Dogma. ^______^ Hehe.

yes, they've acquired aletia. hopefully they'll make some good changes though many have already left since last weekends outage. i left just before that, phew.

but hopefully things will change for the better.

I knew that would happen, as Jag registered a few weeks back with the Aletia forums.

Seems that whoever ran Aletia could not take much heat

I wonder if there's any of the aletia staff still there...

Who, Bobcares?

Hey... I'm just curious. ^_^

Jag mentioned that Ron, at least, will still be on the staff.

Ah damn! I wish someone would have told me YESTERDAY! I sent in a cancellation request for my account at Aletia last night - and stopped reoccuring charges on my card at PaySystems just in case they didn't get it done by 3 days and waste another month paying for nothing. Greg is a really good guy and I know he can turn around Aletia... I hope it's not too late to uncancel.
    Modest Mouse Talk

Congratualation, JaguarPC!
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

I'm shocked! I can't believe Jag bought a hosting company with such a bad reputation. Before reading this thread, I thought it was mere speculation. I can't see how it will benefit his or Jaguar's image, but it may hurt it. Good Luck with it, though Jag.

Originally posted by chrisb
    I'm shocked! I can't believe Jag bought a hosting company with such a bad reputation. Before reading this thread, I thought it was mere speculation. I can't see how it will benefit his or Jaguar's image, but it may hurt it. Good Luck with it, though Jag.
    I don't see why it would hurt anyone's image... Aletia can only get better from here.
    Jay &#187; jay@frontdrive.com • AIM &#187; FDrive Support
    Front Drive&trade; &#187; Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

My site has been hosted by JaguarPC for at least a year now.
    The site is on semi-dedicated account and pending to be transferred to a dedicated server soon....

I recommend JaguarPC.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

It has nothing to do with Aletia. Yes, no doubt Aletia will improve as Jaguar has an excellent reputation. I just question Jag's business decision-making. He keeps saying that his HostGUI will be out soon, and it keeps being post-poned, and then he buys a hosting company. I just like to see one task finished before a host start's another, that's all. I hope Jag doesn't get mad about my post. I don't mean it personally, and still think he is a very nice person.
    Last edited by chrisb; 08-15-2002 at 03:04 AM.

He has a nicely sized staff. Which allows for allocating resources.

Originally posted by chrisb
    It has nothing to do with Aletia. Yes, no doubt Aletia will improve as Jaguar has an excellent reputation. I just question Jag's business decision-making. He keeps saying that his HostGUI will be out soon, and it keeps being post-poned, and then he buys a hosting company. I just like to see one task finished before a host start's another, that's all. I hope Jag doesn't get mad about my post. I don't mean it personally, and still think he is a very nice person.
    Hostgui work never stopped and won't miss a beat. Those programmers do not do anything for us other than work on Hostgui.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

Originally posted by vipe
    Ah damn! I wish someone would have told me YESTERDAY! I sent in a cancellation request for my account at Aletia last night - and stopped reoccuring charges on my card at PaySystems just in case they didn't get it done by 3 days and waste another month paying for nothing. Greg is a really good guy and I know he can turn around Aletia... I hope it's not too late to uncancel.
    We can still take care of ya, after all you do live just across town from me. You can get me on icq later today if you like.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

This is the best news Aleita customers have received in months.

I've had several sites hosted with Aleita for about 1 1/2 years and have been reasonably happy with Aleita until the last 6 months or so. I've hung on by my fingernails hoping for a change while still looking for an alternative host. I hate switching hosts because when I do, all my Client's sites move with me which means nothing but a very large migrane for me.

So far what I've seen from JaguarPC looks good. I just hope that whatever future hosting packages they serve up will be as good as what Aleita offered.