Thumbs up [Review] WebHostingBuzz

So im not normally one for posting reviews however i feel our experiences with WebHostingBuzz have been far better than i could ever have imagined.

Some time ago i was given a project to deploy a scaleable testing environment suitable for a follow the sun type technical support solution at Vodafone. Naturally the first thing i considered was reliability and secondly cost (cost is something we can all relate to). This is where i stumbled upon WebHostingBuzz. No where else was i able to find such a feature rich package for such a small price so i had reservations on how good this service really could be.

As of now i can honestly say this was the best choice for us as we have had no noticable downtime as with other previous hosts and when we recently had to contact customer services to migrate to a reseller account for full DNS management it was nothing but plain sailing. A refreshing change when dealing with any customer services department.

So in short if your looking for a cheap reliable web host look no further.

Paul Myers
    MCSA: Messaging
    VF UK - TCS

tcsnwklab.co.uk hosted by webhostingbuzz.com

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

How long have you been hosted with them? and how much are you paying for your current plan?

we've been with whb for coming upto 2 years now and we started on the base package @ $5 per month. only just recently have we moved onto one of the reseller packages for the DNS management still @ $5 a month. I have a feeling that we will need to be moving to a different package soon for more disk space but that still looks good value @ $35 for 100GB

I've been with WHB for over 7 years. I can't give them the best of reviews. Their servers are slow and their email is constantly down. The only reason that I continue to maintain my account is because I have a $20/year plan with great space and bandwidth specs. I keep it just as a backup. I don't currently have any websites hosted on them.

I do have a friend who's currently hosting a site with them and her email has been down for weeks. It usually comes back as no such address. I think that the server is on a spam list or something, but am not sure. She's asked for help for the past 3 weeks and hasn't gotten any response.

I would look elsewhere, if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by rsbenedict View Post
    I've been with WHB for over 7 years. I can't give them the best of reviews. Their servers are slow and their email is constantly down. The only reason that I continue to maintain my account is because I have a $20/year plan with great space and bandwidth specs. I keep it just as a backup. I don't currently have any websites hosted on them.

I do have a friend who's currently hosting a site with them and her email has been down for weeks. It usually comes back as no such address. I think that the server is on a spam list or something, but am not sure. She's asked for help for the past 3 weeks and hasn't gotten any response.

$20/year, that's extremely cheap. You shouldn't be expecting much at that price, it would be really hard for any web hosting company to provide you with a decent service.

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    $20/year, that's extremely cheap. You shouldn't be expecting much at that price, it would be really hard for any web hosting company to provide you with a decent service.
    I agree that that is very cheap. But they have a lock in price and that was 7 years ago. Now, they charge more and my friend is paying their higher prices for worse service. When they started, they're service was pretty decent for the price. But I suspect that they have fallen under the pressure of too much overselling and because of their low prices, have been used by frequent spammers, hence, the blocking of their mail servers.

Nice to see someone has a good experience with them. I have seen a rather un-impressive bunch of opinions in places.
    Yes, I have also noted their *very* low pricing....
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Considering we haven't been in business 7 years, I find this hard to believe....

We also have no open tech support issues for 3 weeks.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

rsbenedict, please give us domain name(s) you hosted with WHB in the past so we can verify your review. Thank you!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I apologize. i opened an account in April of 2002, I thought it was 2001. I used to host benedictsclass.com there for many years until I switched in the last year or so. My friend currently hosts inputmatters.com there, and she's the one who said she has emailed and emailed without any replies. I know that when I try to send email to her inputmatters address, it comes back rejected sometimes and goes through very little if any. Most of the times they come back rejected.

As I said, in the beginning, they suited me just great and I had few if any problems. In the past couple of years before I moved away from them, I was getting quite a few db corruptions that had to be rebuilt. Their support was very responsive and rebuilt my dbs quickly, but the server was just too slow for my needs and as I said, my would frequently go down for periods of time on a regular basis.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.