Terrible support from Lanehost

I signed up with LaneHost recently. The service was not as advertised and after waiting a few days for my hosting account to be set up and it not being done I requested a refund two days ago.

After 2 days I have only gotten one email in response to my support ticket asking why I want a refund. I answered that question and still no refund has been issued.

The ticked status was moved from active to on hold and LaneHost refuses to issue my refund.

If you are planning on hosting with this company make sure your not going to request a refund as it seems they are refusing to honor the refund policy they have posted on their web site.

Don't delay in initiating a credit card chargeback or PayPal transaction dispute. The sooner you contest the charges, the easier it will be to reverse the charge. If you contest the charge within a week and the dollar amount is under ~$25, many credit card companies will take it off your bill immediately over the phone.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Do a chargeback right away with whatever payment method you used to make sure you get your money as soon as possible. Have you tried calling them? If they don't provide a number on the site try doing a whois on their domain and calling that number.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

Don't delay in initiating a credit card chargeback or PayPal transaction dispute.
    There is a balance between how fast one should go for a chargeback, and attempting to work it out with the provider. A chargeback is not something to engage into very lightly.

LaneHost refuses to issue my refund.
    Did they outright say that, or are they simply slow to respond to your request?

They "said" they would issue the refund. But, it has now been 3 days and still no refund. I sell php scripts and have had to handle refunds before. I know it only takes a few minutes to issue a refund so 3 days is beyond unreasonable.

There honestly is no excuse for the amount of time they have so far taken and still have not issued a refund.

Just to update it has now been 9 days and no refund has been issued. My support ticket is constantly being put on "hold" status and ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by lochshire View Post
    Just to update it has now been 9 days and no refund has been issued. My support ticket is constantly being put on "hold" status and ignored.
    Well, we can't help you with that.

The only thing you can do is either call them or contact your credit card company for a charge back.

Net
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I know that no one here can help. I am just stating the facts so that anyone considering using this host has some idea of how they treat customers.

Here's the latest update... they issued a refund today.... but their PayPal account doesn't have enough funds to cover the refund so I'm still waiting on them.

they issued a refund today.... but their PayPal account doesn't have enough funds to cover the refund so I'm still waiting on them.
    So did they issue the refund or not?

Did they actually come out and say they do not have enough money in PayPal to cover the refund or is that based upon an assumption?
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

They issued the refund but the PayPal status is "pending." PayPal says they do not have enough money to cover the refund and the refund will be issued once there is enough money in the account to cover the cost.

This means that LaneHost doesn't even have enough money in their PayPal account to handle one refund.

This is from the email PayPal sent when the refund was issued:

This refund will remain pending until the funds have cleared from the sender's account. You will receive an email notification once the funds have become available in your PayPal account. See Refund Details below for more information.

This means that LaneHost doesn't even have enough money in their PayPal account to handle one refund.
    This is a prime example of why customers are query of small hosting companies. Most of these companies are driven by young individuals who think that they can "scam" the system By saying that they will provide a money back guarantee and then as soon as the payment is received, they withdrawal the money.

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-22-2008 at 04:26 AM.

To make things clear, the order took place after our sales department was closed. We are closed on the weekend, sales/billing only, technical support operates 24/7 365, as our contact page clearly states. We do verify all orders before they are approved, this is due to the amount of fraud orders recieved which is quite a lot.

We do have enough money to operate, and a refund was intiated when requested during our normal business hours. Since we had just withdrew the PayPal balance, the refund was taken out from our business checking account which PayPal put's a 5-7 day hold on the refund, which is out of our control. We even did a screen capture as proof to you showing you that a refund was in process despite you claiming we didn't refund you or weren't trying to.

As you posted earlier
    This refund will remain pending until the funds have cleared from the sender's account. You will receive an email notification once the funds have become available in your PayPal account. See Refund Details below for more information.
    . That was from the refund being intiated from our business checking account and no way means we didn't have the money to refund you back or weren't.

We are very sorry things didn't work out, and are working hard towards operating 24/7 365 sales soon, which should change this type of things from happening.
    Last edited by LaneHost; 03-04-2008 at 07:40 PM.
    LaneHost.com | Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Affordable Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers at Great Prices!
    Follow us on Twitter!