Question eNom rapidSSL cert renewals - do they include "free" time?

For anyone here that has renewed an SSL certificate with eNom's rapidSSL cert product... have you been able to get the extra time that is mentioned here:

http://www.rapidssl.com/ssl-certific...l/rapidssl.htm
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

I can't see why not.

rapidssl is the actual vendor, enom acts as a sales agent.

The second part of your transaction is carried out on rapidssl servers against their backend, so enom has no say in the matter.

Of course, this is my best guess, I am not responsible, yada, yada.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Just a quick update -- I have contacted rapidSSL.com and asked them to respond to this question directly. I think that way, we can get the information straight from the source with regard to how the rapidSSl cert renewals work, etc.

Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

As I side note I used to use RapidSSL for ALL my SSL needs but now I can't due to the fact that they don't allow orders from those with a P.O. Box for a billing address.

That is very frustrating. I do wish they would change that.

/rant

That page just tells you that if you renew your SSL certificate prior to the expiration date, you'll still get the full year you paid for; the expiration date is just moved back by one year. This is standard with all SSL vendors... at least the ones I've done business with
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw Networks View Post
    That page just tells you that if you renew your SSL certificate prior to the expiration date, you'll still get the full year you paid for; the expiration date is just moved back by one year. This is standard with all SSL vendors... at least the ones I've done business with
    Right, except that eNom tells me that the new ssl certificate will have a "new" expiry date of whatever date you purchase the certificate... which is opposite of what rapidSSL has on their website.

(In other words, according to eNom tech support, if you renew today (Feb 13) a certificate that expires on March 29, then the new certificate will expire one year from TODAY.)

I am now asking rapidSSL to tell me the answer, as I don't think the eNom helpdesk people are correct on this one. And if they are, then eNom certs are not such a good idea for renewals...

Just pick up the phone.

Rapidssl phone support is very good. I have never had to wait. The best are the AU and UK support offices. You get transferred there if it is late at night, early in the morning.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

I could be wrong but I do not believe a partner of RapidSSL would constitue the competitive pricing and free year you are talking about specifically because you are not using a competitive company...they already have your business via their partner.

Technically if you have an SSL through ENOM and they Resell for RapidSSL the SSL is with the same company the actually issues it and I do not believe RapidSSL would be taking business away from their partners in that manner. Its not good business.

I believe they offer the free year when you use a company that is their competition such as Comodo or Godaddy and not their partner which ENOM would appear to be.