In need of a new server provider QUICK!

I am in deperate need of a new dedicated server the can be setup reletivly quick. I am will ing to pay up to $200/mo for a qualty dedicated server that has a managment plan with it. I have had to many issues with my current provider and I need to move on.

I am looking for:

p4 3.0 Ghz to xeon
    160 GB HD+
    and as much BW as I can get or atleast 1500 GB monthly.

I would like a stable provider in the US. Someone who has been around for quite sometime and has a great reputation on this forum with 24/7 chat/email and phone support.

Please lead me in a direction.

Thank You,
    QUALITY ONE DESIGNS LLC.
    Providing Businesses with a better solution
    www.qualityonedesigns.com

try teratomic.com
    Let's talk custom servers and reseller plans

Yes, try the Dedicated Hosting offers section. Lots of the companies post their prices there for you to look at.
    - WireSix - Dedicated Servers, Custom Configurations, Colocation - Celebrating 5 years!

as of right now, my current provider ( dedicatednow.com ) is installing a new hard drive because mine failed. I was told when I signed up that all the equipment is brand new and is built with ever new order. HOW can this happen when it was a brand new hard drive? Now im gong to have to wait 4 to 5 hours for this process to complete. This is just absolutly terrible!!
    QUALITY ONE DESIGNS LLC.
    Providing Businesses with a better solution
    www.qualityonedesigns.com

HDD Failure isn't from the hardware not being new. Why not give the dedicated offers a look. Good competitive pricing. Just don't forget to chime in every once in a while and let us know how things go.

Did you look at www.softlayer.com? If you want it managed then go with www.platinumservermanagement.com server management service.
    HighLayer - Canadian Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Latest cPanel/WHM - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 24/7 Support
    Visit www.highlayer.com or Call 1-888-84-LAYER

Quote Originally Posted by qodesigns View Post
    as of right now, my current provider ( dedicatednow.com ) is installing a new hard drive because mine failed. I was told when I signed up that all the equipment is brand new and is built with ever new order. HOW can this happen when it was a brand new hard drive? Now im gong to have to wait 4 to 5 hours for this process to complete. This is just absolutly terrible!!
    All hardware will fail. It doesn't matter if its new or old. New hardware is actually more risky percentage wise because there is no production time to average life span on. You don't know its health history.

Agreed with AFerrier, hard drives fail, new, old, semi-new, semi-old... but more typically you would know a drive would fail if it's flaky when it's new than if it has been working solid for a while. You can always check a drive's age using smart tools.

Also note that with the churn rate associated with this industry, it would be nearly impossible to stay profitable if you throw away hard drives whenever a customer cancels...

HD's fail regardless of their age. I've had cases where we get an entire batch of bad drives in that are DOA.

It's an unfortunate situation but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AFerrier View Post
    All hardware will fail. It doesn't matter if its new or old. New hardware is actually more risky percentage wise because there is no production time to average life span on. You don't know its health history.
    Exactly, new drives are MORE likely to fail than old drives, unless we're talking a 5+ year old drive. A drive that survives half a year or more has proven itself to be reliable and likely will not fail, with a new drive, it has no history, it isn't part of a group of drives that has "survived this far."

Drives fail, it is a part of this industry, no matter the age of the drives, plan for it. Get RAID based systems AND keep regular backups.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers