* ZONE.net VPS is the BEST - 2 Weeks review

I Purchased Zone.net VM200 using a Coupon at WHT. They are the best at Service. Any Ticket in Business Hrs answered in 1-2 Hrs. So far, I have raised 3 tickets and they answered so Quick. They Optimized Apache and MySQl for my needs.

I am very pleased with Service and suggest this to anyone.

2 weeks isn't much time, please update us in 3, 6 months.

Thanks!

Could you elaborate more on support times? 1-2 hrs for what ticket level? Support complaints on the forum is one of the reasons holding me back from signing up.

I was with them for several months and in general, I'd give them a hmm....8 out of 10
    Their VPS' were nice and fast
    I can't remember what support times were like, unfortunatly.

Clients who haven't even used the provider for at least 3-4 months have no idea what other "issues" that might come up.

What if (for whatever reason) they start charging the regular monthly fee from next month and completely disregard the coupon?

What if you ask them to restore your backups and they delete all your back ups instead?

what if you like their service so much and you expand and upgrade to one of their higher spec packages but they still charge you for the old package which you are not using AND the new package?

what if....you get the idea.

I'm not saying zone.net would do all this or has a history of all the stuff I mentioned above. But these are the issues we read everyday, especially from people who posted a positive review within moments of sign up just to come back a month later complaining how they are the worst host on the planet.

So if you really like zone.net and want to give credit, come back in a few months and let us know. Till then, this thread is as good as SPAM!
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Quote Originally Posted by kalsarao View Post
    I Purchased Zone.net VM200 using a Coupon at WHT. They are the best at Service. Any Ticket in Business Hrs answered in 1-2 Hrs. So far, I have raised 3 tickets and they answered so Quick. They Optimized Apache and MySQl for my needs.

I am very pleased with Service and suggest this to anyone.
    Glad to see your happy with us so far. Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Zone.net

I agree with both sides in this thread -- for the most part.

I have been with Zone.net for over half a year and the server is fast and reliable. Support has been hot and cold though. Initially, response times were in the 2 hour range mentioned. However, more recently response times have dipped to 5-6+ hours. I have a very urgent ticket open right now (my email is down all afternoon and I didn't do anything to the server) and I have yet to see a response from support. As it stands, I am waiting up late to get this resolved as I am expecting important email.

The support ticket system isn't the best with zone.net -- other hosts (JaguarPC for example) update the ticket status throughout the process with a very rapid response time. Additionally, the "live chat" system on Zone.net isn't live at all but rather a form that relays a message to support.

That being said, zone.net support does usually resolve the issue when they respond and most issues I have had with them have been fairly minor.

Best,

Sender

My zone.net VPS has been down for over 12 hours yet nothing has been done. I also sent in a ticket around 12 hrs+ ago and I haven't get any response from them.

If you're looking for a reliable host, try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by alphix View Post
    My zone.net VPS has been down for over 12 hours yet nothing has been done. I also sent in a ticket around 12 hrs+ ago and I haven't get any response from them.

If you're looking for a reliable host, try something else.
    Can you please PM me or email me your ticket or server details? We don't have any nodes down, either scheduled or otherwise so there might be another reason your server is down.

EDIT: I found your ticket. We do not see any tickets in our system that do not have all the required fields filled out. Next time, be sure to fill out the form completely from http://control.zone.net/ with your server details when submitting a ticket.
    Last edited by seankoons; 02-16-2008 at 01:35 PM.

I always thought zone.net support times were in the ranges of 1 to 10 minutes.

This support time you guys are talking is for the unmanaged servers or the enterprise managed ones ?

I'm thinking on zone.net for my next vps but to me this support times (2-5hrs) are unacceptable.

I have been with Zone.net for the last 9 months and have found there reponses to my querys prompt and there staff very knowledgeable.

I am on a VPS and have had ZERO downtime in all that time.

What do you mean with 'prompt'
    1-15 minutes
    16-30 minutes
    1-2 hours ???

I've read again the first post and the OP is talking about VM200, thats a Enterprise Server and he talks about 1-2 hrs response time

From memory, 1-2 hours was about the response time I was getting
    I to, was on the Enterprise (fully managed) package.
    But, that was by using tickets, I never tried calling, so I don't know if it's faster that way.

I am just after submitting a ticket so lets see how long it takes to get a response.

I marked it as High priority to see will that make any difference.

Prompt means under an hour, most tickets that I opened where just querys and were not high priority.

Sometimes if I surfed to there homepage a live chat box would open and I could ask them a question there too.
    Last edited by Kaiser Sose; 02-19-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Trust me, with zone.net, you dont need a update in , 6 months. Their service is great throughout your whole experience!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    2 weeks isn't much time, please update us in 3, 6 months.

Thanks!

Well My ticket I opened was responded to in 49 minutes and my query has being answered by there helpful support staff.

And it was an urgent ticket, anyway i don't need that much the support but knowing that something horrible wrong may happen and that it will take that much time to get fixed is not that good

But i guess they compensate it with the performance

That's the problem I find with...well, all the hosts I've had so far, heh
    It's either fast performance/slow support, or fast support/slow performance
    Is there a host which offers both? Possibly, even if you pay more, you still don't get a guaranteed fast performance/support. (aka, my experience with LQWeb)

I've found 2 providers along the way that offer fast/good support and decent performance, but i was still looking for the fast/good support and excellent performance at a good price.

Now i don't know if choose the ones that i know for my next project or try zone.net thinking that nothing horrible wrong will happen and that i won't need that much of support

hint hint http://hostpenguin.net
    They have fast support, and great quality!

Quote Originally Posted by rdogg View Post
    And it was an urgent ticket, anyway i don't need that much the support but knowing that something horrible wrong may happen and that it will take that much time to get fixed is not that good

But i guess they compensate it with the performance
    This is not necessarily true. All incoming tickets get sorted and proofread by human eyes as soon as they hit the queue. If it's an absolute emergency and a site is down or service is not functioning, than regardless if whether the ticket has a low or high status it gets taken care of with the highest priority.

Requiring an hour or so to perform security hardening or installation of any application or even configuring such an application in my opinion is not such a long time, and our response times are acceptable for the price point we offer our packages at.

Besides, this is another reason we offer phone-escalation availability. If you need instant attention to your ticket, all you have to do is pick up the phone and dial. If your site was down would you even bother dealing with tickets? I know personally I would rather call someone up and feel better knowing I spoke to them about it and they are working on it. And if you do call, our techs will ask if you have a ticket first and if necessary will open one for you on the phone.

Rather than start another thread and flood the forums with reviews, I'll post here just to concur with the original poster. I've been with Zone for just over three months and have found them to be nothing but professional. I requested that they install certain software onto my VPS and they gave me a free PHP upgrade whilst there. The tickets are usually answered very promptly too, except for one which took two days (but was apparently due to am upgrade - it wasn't flat-out negligence) and they have made it up to me, so I can't complain. Overall, I've been pleased to be with them and can't see myself leaving any time soon.