SpunkyHosting...

Hey!
    Just started hosting with Spunky (gotto love the name ) and thought i would write a quick review so far (been 3 days)

I see a lot of people beefing about their hosts, and honestly I was one of them (bad experience with G l o b A T, or as i like to remember them.. the SOBs) but so far with Spunky... everything good.

First spoke to Mike right here on WHT and paid my first months rent and as promised he doubled my bandwidth to 400gigs... i then installed a new script (pretty big) for the first time, and then held my breath as the script downloaded 10meg of stuff/files from another place and took over a minute to execute totally, I know it must have been a bit of a strain on the server but.. no warnings, no complaints or anything from the guys at Spunky.

My domain took a little while to resolve and I opened a ticket to just ask the guys there to check if the settings were ok, and i got more help than I asked for... they replied twice after the first reply asking if things were ok on my side and if it had resolved!

Server is fast, support is polite, pretty quick and kind ... wondering if I have found "that magical host"... time will tell
    Will keep you guys updated! Till then, Thanks Spunky!

P.S Am in no way "linked" to Spunky and i dont get any kickback for what i wrote on top... and if sh1t happens... will post that too here
    Last edited by mag1c1an; 02-11-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks for the positive review. Keep us posted on how things work out.
    - WireSix - Dedicated Servers, Custom Configurations, Colocation - Celebrating 5 years!

Thanks for sharing with us. Update us after a few months.
    HighLayer - Canadian Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Latest cPanel/WHM - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 24/7 Support
    Visit www.highlayer.com or Call 1-888-84-LAYER

Guess I shoulda kept my mouth shut a while, jinxed it...
    having a small problem (although NOT spunky's fault to the best of my knowledge) my site just keeps timing out from here but all is well when I checked via proxy.

Did this happen to any of you guys? Any suggestions? (Already opened a ticket)

Update us after a few months.
    Is that the same as shut your mouth now for a few months?

Ryan,
    Thanks for the kind words. As for your latest issue (after taking a quick look at the ticket history from tonight) your issue appears to have been pinpointed and a plan of action designed.

Thanks!
    Mike

Yep! DNS issue to anyone out there who might be curious...

support replied to my queries and responses in under 10 mins of me posting (in some cases under 5)
    This host worries me... keeping me so happy, might get used to it!

Anyway, just happy to post a plus review for a host when its kind of become the done thing to post a minus review of a host,and so far...Spunky has earned that plus point.

Update:
    Other than the DNS issue mentioned above today makes it the 3rd time that my site is down.... the first time I have no idea for how long exactly as the site is under construction and I didnt visit it for a few days coz I was programming offline... I visited it and DNS was dead, I opened a ticket and a couple of hrs later the problem was solved, support couldnt tell me how long it was down.

Around 10 days later... same thing.

Yesterday I worked a bit on the site and today.... SAME DAMN DNS THING, I have put in a ticket to support and waiting AGAIN for an answer... will keep you updated.

Ryan,
    Like I said in the ticket, I definitely understand your frustration. We're looking into it and trying to figure out why the DNS keeps giving you issues.

Thanks,
    Mike

Nice to see your host is firmly on top of things - always good to see

Have you considered independently monitoring your site for free from eg: Host-Tracker?

It takes the guess work out of wondering if it's your connection problem and or something more serious plus you get free email alerts and statistics
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

Cheers for the review

Pretty nice review, sound like a good hosting company, hope to hear more in coming months for better services/improvements.