How many of have noticed this !?

Hello:

WebHostingSchool

Sort of online school for those interested in learning web hosting Biz as a whole...as a Introductry offer they are offering the complete course for $199.00 !

Also, i noticed their first 3 batches are closed..i mean already filled..!

What do you guys at WHT got to say !?!

Sorry, I am not associated with them in anyway !!
    Last edited by brands; 08-14-2002 at 08:25 AM.

Yep. I been there before. (uh . . . just surfin)

I was really mad when I first found it.

Why couldn't I have found it earlier?

Then I coulda been a web host after five days (at two to three hours a day) training.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

umm...

Im no expert by any means but it seems like they are saying they are teaching you to run a web business(when you could learn this for free easilyl), but in fact they are reselling things like the dedicated servers they say they will offer you for the 99.00 a month for a profit..

Just seems like another angel to get at possible hosting resellers to me....

Not help them to be a hosting company, but a reseller for them.

But like i said im no expert..

Re: umm...

Originally posted by jdp29053
    . . . . . . like i said im no expert..
    Well, for $199, you 'could' be.

jdp29053

I guess, its not the web bussiness as such...but going by their revealing domain name and another domain that redirects to the same site...i strongly feel...they are into teaching web hosting biz...

okay, i could be wrong maybe

You have a point,, but im just pointing out that i think that they are more or less noticing the profit they can gain from TEACHING someone how to be a webhost,, THEN being able to sale to someone that they know now has the tools to make it and make a profit off of them doing the work in the hosting industry..

I mean,, i could sit here and tell you how to be a web hosting company,, i could even cut and past many articles that could help explain how too... but does that mean i could do it right now.. NO, otherwise i wouldnt be as poor as i am

No doubt there teaching people and i might even try it,, im just saying i dont think there in it for the profit of teaching people,, not that it matters... If you learn and succeed, they succeed, everyone is happy and every makes money.. i think its a good marketing strategy,, wish i would have thought of it

Yep : going by the number of threads here at WHt almost everyday by beginners..wanting to know how this whole hosting biz works...WHS's idea could be a winner ...

Surely there is enough room for another couple of schools like this one to start off...may be they have the first mover advantage...but with some uniqueness...the new ones can still find place and market !

i remember an IT firm that charged $2500 to train people in certain specialized fields, and then guaranteed them a job.

basically what they did is took the peoples money, trained them, then hired them. instead of paying to train their new employees.. they took these people as students and charged them to learn the skills they needed, and gave them jobs.

not saying this is what they are doing, but its not a bad idea.. from a business standpoint.
    - brian

failing to plan is planning to fail.

I think its a great idea,, i think i might go for it...
    But im not going to use there servers,etc..

Just going to see what the courses have to offer and go from their...

Re: How many of have noticed this !?

Originally posted by brands
    Also, i noticed their first 3 batches are closed..i mean already filled..!
    I'd say you're jumping to a conclusion there. They say "closed," but they were all in May, and the two that still say "open" obviously aren't, since the most recent of them was in early June. So clearly the page hasn't been updated in some time, and it may be that they last updated after May 24 and before May 27... so the first three may have been closed simply because the dates had passed.

Notice that there are no other sites linking to it listed in Google, and no other pages even containing the term "webhostingschool.com" other than their own "corporate site," a list of sites run by the same people. So, where would three classes worth of students have found out about it? And if it was a real success story, why is no one talking about it?
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Talking

Well, for $199, you 'could' be
    I spent a lot less than that to become an expert

basically what they did is took the peoples money, trained them, then hired them.
    Well that's way better than those "schools" that promise you a high paying job in web design, etc. Anyone out there paying web designers a lot of money lately?

I just hope those thinking about this read JayC's post well.
    He brings some very valid points to the table.

You mean I didn't have to dick around with my pc for years and read all those books?

It looks like a great way to market to those who aren't skilled. They pay to learn, you offer them a discount on a dedicated box and you have instant clients. Just add knowledge. Everyone else out there is milking the admin market.

hii,

JayC : do u mean to say that only if a site has linkbacks and they are in google means they can get business ??
    Well if u r talking about the SEO aspect of a site, it is not done overnight..it takes time to build linksback to ur site and getting good rankings in major SE's, unless, one is using some unethical methods of SEO tricks !

It could be true that closed : doesn't mean they are filled..but it b'cos those dates have passed by...!

Also, just like anyother school, this may not make u an expert in hosting..but sure will initiate u into it...and from there , it's upto the individual to pick up momentum and build upon that...!!

I feel, if they are serious abt their initiative, they could be atleast fairly successful !??

LOL, what a waste of $$$ webhostingschool

How to run a webhosting school!

Don't be so quick to dismiss the potential in the web host training market. I am about start running "how to start a wehosting school" courses. Act now and take advanage of our special introductory price of only $299 per person. PM me for more details. Moderators, I posted this here because it directly relates to the topic of the thread. If this is not appropriate, please remove.

Originally posted by justsilly
    You mean I didn't have to dick around with my pc for years and read all those books?

It looks like a great way to market to those who aren't skilled. They pay to learn, you offer them a discount on a dedicated box and you have instant clients. Just add knowledge. Everyone else out there is milking the admin market.
    I think that when you learn through your experience you keep the lesson. I know that when I started way, way long ago, I didn't know anything about anything. I'm now tutoring people in their homes on their computers. Simple things, like email, Word, making CD's. I never went to a school and paid the $$$ to learn. Experience is always the best teacher, especially when you are broke!

Sara
    Sara

Sara Nelson Photography Preserving your moments since 1973.

people who fall for this webhosting school crap are the same people who order those packages on learning the secrets of e-commerce from those latenight infomercials.

There's not much information on that page. Not even a phone number to call. That may be the reason why I don't think it's the real deal.

Question

learning the secrets of e-commerce from those latenight infomercials
    Isn't that how everyone learns the secrets of e-commerce?

Originally posted by Hey It's Me

Isn't that how everyone learns the secrets of e-commerce?
    It does help to purchase the "Mega Memory" tape set first. And a bit of Anthony Robbins doesn't hurt either.

Originally posted by brands
    JayC : do u mean to say that only if a site has linkbacks and they are in google means they can get business ??
    Not at all. You took the fact that they list three class sections as "closed" to be a very positive sign by concluding that those classes has been filled. I am pointing out that it's more likely that they are "closed" simply because the dates for those classes passed.

I further speculate that if there had been three, or now five, classes full of happy (or even unhappy) students, at least a few of those people would have had something to say about the company and the classes. And their comments would appear on the web.

No mention of them probably means they've had very few people taking their classes. That's not necessarily good or bad; I'm only offering a counterpoint to your conclusion that "closed" == "filled." I would take the existing evidence as hinting that they've had few takers.

Experience

Anyone can "teach" you how to be a web host. They can teach you how to use a cp or restart a server, but you will not gain the deep understanding that you get from experience. There is no way you can learn all this from one course, especially for 199 or so. Ive got bookselves of books on everything from assembly to security to apache to tcp to bind to perl to java to sql to advanced ip network design to linux and on and on... i wouldnt like to live in a world of hosts that took this course - they can only teach so much otherwise teh internet is the greatest collection of free learning tools (and books help too)
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec

Re: How to run a webhosting school!

Originally posted by freakysid
    Don't be so quick to dismiss the potential in the web host training market. I am about start running "how to start a wehosting school" courses.
    Don't move too fast, Sid! Are you sure you've thought through all of the angles? Have you considered the pitfalls? Covered all the bases?

Can you really be sure? Probably not, until you've completed my "basics of running a 'starting a webhosting school' " course. And... if you sign up today, for only $399, your tuition for the advanced course is 50% off!!!