Merchent to accept cards

Hey,

I think it's time we accepted cards as well as paypal.

The problem is we are from the UK, and can't find a merchant that allows us.

We operate in $.

2Checkout isn't helping at all.

What else is out there?

~Sohan

www.worldpay.com

They will do what your looking for I believe.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

We use 2Checkout and they've worked great for us over the past few years. Does 2Checkout not service sellers based outside of the USA?
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

Does 2Checkout not service sellers based outside of the USA?
    Yes it does. And some of our no USA customers use that.
    Sohan, I think that you have to reconsider 2CO. They are as good as expensive.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sohan View Post
    Hey,

I think it's time we accepted cards as well as paypal.

The problem is we are from the UK, and can't find a merchant that allows us.

We operate in $.

2Checkout isn't helping at all.

What else is out there?

~Sohan
    Try www.MerchantExpress.com
    Let's talk custom servers and reseller plans

Quote Originally Posted by FHH - Tim View Post
    www.worldpay.com

They will do what your looking for I believe.
    It's cheaper to go directly to a bank and use protx.

Why not try protx then? or perhaps they were one of them that did not allow you? pay pal also have a merchant account/gateway solution you can have a look at
    www.cyberbit.com - merchant account and gateway provider

www.Vfraud.com - Antifraud system

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleencx View Post
    Why not try protx then? or perhaps they were one of them that did not allow you? pay pal also have a merchant account/gateway solution you can have a look at
    Because Protx charge 10p a transaction, on top of all my banks costs.

It just makes things VERY pricey.

With worldpay if you get your merchant account with them and processing your just paying the 3.5% on american cards. Which is the same rate most banks will give a uk business on american cards.

There is a setup charge but they are actually cheaper than bank + protx. As your paying the percentage to the bank and the 10p you mentioned.

I hope you find a solution.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by Sohan View Post
    Because Protx charge 10p a transaction, on top of all my banks costs.

It just makes things VERY pricey.
    and 2Checkout's 5.5% plus $0.49 per transaction isn't?

I'd take a merchant account and a gateway over a third party facility like 2Checkout or Paypal as the fees on the latter will become significant once you get larger.

The last time I checked we paid something like 0.86% MSF plus US$0.13c per transaction on credit cards (AMEX is higher at 2.2%) - that's a lot cheaper than 5.5% and $0.49.

Talk to your bank. They're really not that scary and will do what they can to get your business.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunewing View Post
    and 2Checkout's 5.5% plus $0.49 per transaction isn't?

I'd take a merchant account and a gateway over a third party facility like 2Checkout or Paypal as the fees on the latter will become significant once you get larger.

The last time I checked we paid something like 0.86% MSF plus US$0.13c per transaction on credit cards (AMEX is higher at 2.2%) - that's a lot cheaper than 5.5% and $0.49.

Talk to your bank. They're really not that scary and will do what they can to get your business.
    Because were a start up under 10k and do not have an office, most are saying no.