* No mail after switching hosts

I've just recently switched hosts and I have clients not being able to send me email.

This is the error they get returned.

>>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>
    <<< 550-Host mailserver [xxx.xx.xx.135] is not permitted <<< 550-to relay through manta. <---- note this domain is not complete ???
    <<< 550-Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes. <<< 550-You may also have been rejected because your ip address <<< 550-does not have a reverse DNS entry. <<< 550 relaying to <[email protected]> prohibited by administrator 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown

My clients who are hosted with me can send and recieve email to everyone else except me

This is a reseller account.

Any help would be appreciated as my host is stumped and I need to try and resolve this ASAP. Any clues?

I suspect it being the reverse DNS but I can't do anything from my end.

Chicago, IL
    THis is something really for your host, have them put you manually in the rhosts or rcpts file, or whatever its called. That is assuming at least you have a fairly static ip. That would be one way to fix it )
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.

Prince Edward Island
    Make sure you are in the sendmail file as well....
    usually this causes relaying denyed errors.
    [url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

Thanks guys, but I dont think my host knows

Its been 2 days now, so trying to be proactive.

Ann Arbor, MI
    One possibility is that some mail server administrators for some reason don't allow email from IP addresses that don't have "reverse dns" setup.

However, another possibility is that their mailserver doesn't know it's supposed to handle mail for that domain, so it's thinking that those clients are wanting to relay the email, instead of deliver it. And because your server uses pop-auth, the relaying is denied.

I can't think of anything that you could do for either one. Your host is going to have to correct the problem or provide you with an explanation as to why they have their mail service set up like they do.
    -Mark Adams - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Your domain probably isnt in the local-host-names file and therefore the sendmail does not know to accept mail for this domain and it tries to forward it which is why you are getting the relay denied error
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec

If you are a reseller I think I am safe in assuking that your domain would have been created by a control panel and that you also have access to edit your zone records. If your domain is created by a CP authentication would be automatic.

Please tell us the environment and also your domain name [PM if you want] so we can try and diagnoze. If it is on a Windows server well I can only sympathize form a distance since I know nothing at all about Windows.

Offering Managed Servers - for an exclusive clientèle who value uptime, caring support and superior technology.

Your situation may be similar to us when we had the problem.

We have our main account domain provided by Host A. It has and in there. We receive emails in here.

Then, we had another reseller account in Host B. It has and in it.

It happened that Host B assigned our domain to be the owner of the reseller account and created in there too. When our clients from this new reseller account emailed us, it never went to our INBOX. But, we were able to retrieve the email using the IP address!

Our solution was to change the ownership of the new reseller account at Host B to a new domain name, (Frogprinz - the name of our official mascot, btw) and delete in there. It worked!

You might try this solution. I am sure you have some spare domains in there.

Take care all.

I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

I don't know what happened by this got fixed