Question Unlimited features???

Hello... I'm new to reseller hosting, and this may be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway... If I advertise "unlimited features" on my site (unlimited subdomains, unlimited mySQL databases, unlimited emails/unlimited quota for email accounts) does that affect the amount of space I offer each customer? For example... Do the amount of databases or mailbox quotas deduct disk space for each customer? I hope that made sense. I'm wondering b/c I've seen some hosting companies offer "unlimited" features and some put limits on them... I'm not sure which option I should go with ...

Well, everything that get written to the drive will use space, so unless you have unlimited size hd's, there really isnt a way to provide unlimited amounts of resources. If you have a 250gb drive, and offer unlimited resources and 1 user uses up say 80% of that drive, how can the rest of your clients get unlimited resources?

Wouldn't they be limited by the amount of disk space I give them? For example, if I gave them 2 GB of space... does that include the databases?

I cant speak for other control panels, but I know Hsphere looks at all the usage for each account. So mail, web and db's will count against the 2gb limit.

Cool, I got it. Thanks for all your help Chris, I appreciate it.

Hi
    may I suggest that[ to me] 'unlimited xyz' is annoying but ok-ish,
    but if you actualy use the wording 'unlimited features'. your not saying the features you offer have no restrictions, your saying you offer limitless features.

So if I signed upto 'unlimited features' I could request 2 cups of coffee per day to be included, and maybe some tax consultancy when required.
    I'm being quite extreem, but it is important that once you define what your offering, you need to communicate it acurately.

I think, just avoid the 'unlimited' word..
    I'll offer you plenty of Good Luck, but not unlimited Good Luck.

I just checked on my server and the MySQL databases are not owned by the individual user so they should not be counted against your overall disk space limit.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

It depends on control panel used to manage users, and, afaik, most panels do calculate mysql db`s size for individual users.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw Networks View Post
    I just checked on my server and the MySQL databases are not owned by the individual user so they should not be counted against your overall disk space limit.
    Sadly you are right, cPanel leaves this out of the calculations, so in theory you could have users with a database of a few GB's which only have a package of 100MB webspace. Also see http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=6119

Techinally, nothing is "unlimited". Usually unlimited means they aren't metering how much your using on that one part of resource.