Google Adwords: Keyword Tool

I have some questions about the “Google Adwords: Keyword Tool”. Does it reflect what Google thinks about the content of the site? Let’s say if it generators keywords “essential oils” in position one and “aromatherapy” in position two. Does it mean it will be more likely to find the site if people search those words? Can I use it for reference to determine how relative of my site is to those keywords?

I am not sure but the keywords seems to be more likely based on search trends.

Quote Originally Posted by legonxt View Post
    I have some questions about the “Google Adwords: Keyword Tool”. Does it reflect what Google thinks about the content of the site? Let’s say if it generators keywords “essential oils” in position one and “aromatherapy” in position two. Does it mean it will be more likely to find the site if people search those words? Can I use it for reference to determine how relative of my site is to those keywords?
    1. Well yes this is possible, if google searchbot and these keyword bots are designed on same algo.

2. This also depends on how important your website in the eye of google, based on your PR.

If you have meta tags, that can change the keyword results too.

Google Adwords - Keyword tool primarily operates from search keyword trends. They check which keywords are searched more via their search engine and put out a statistics. PPC Managers use the information so that they can bid on higher volume keywords with moderate or low competition for their ads.

Google keywords may not be the best information available. The best thing to do in order to find out what people are searching for is to use Google's Trend labs. It is updated everyday.