Looking for help on SharedHost

Currently I'm with BlueHost but for the past few months there uptime or lack of is more like it. Has gotten me to wits end. Server is always going down cause someone is causing an overload. Yet I use to have a busy forum & since having to start from scratch it has been a nightmare to say the least. So I need to find a sharedhost that can handle both VBulletin & Invision Power Board on a busy site or semi busy like 500-1000 members online at any given time. Without having to worry about system resources or site not being available. Even with starting over & I do mean no one on the site it's dead slow a lot of the times page takes for ever to load.

So if any one has some recommendations please let me know.

Currently host package is $100.00 yearly 1500 GB disc space & 15000 GB Transfer but half of that will do just fine which is more then enough for me.

Invision Power Board on a busy site or semi busy like 500-1000 members online at any given time.
    A shared host is not for you, you need a dedicated server.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

You are not going to get a better service, if you are still looking at overselling hosts like them.
    I won't think, there is no need to move as that won't make any difference. Please remember the fact that you will get for what you pay.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by BullBoyKennels View Post

Currently host package is $100.00 yearly 1500 GB disc space & 15000 GB Transfer but half of that will do just fine which is more then enough for me.
    Are your demands really that high ? Do you really need 1500/2 = 750 gig space and 15000/2 = 7500 GB of transfer for only $100 a year ?

Boy have u been living on the wrong side of the earth or something where overselling is the way of living ?

Plus no shared hosting for you mate, get a vps and be prepared to spend atleast 35-50$ per month , dont faint on us !!
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

No I was stating that is my current setup,. initially it was 250 GB & 2500 GB transfer and that first year all was great but I noticed as they increased storage plans the service got worse & worse. I can deal with $35 monthly with atleast 80-100 GB of storage & a fair amount of bandwith.

How much space and bandwidth do you actually use? Those numbers are very high.

No I was stating that is my current setup,. initially it was 250 GB & 2500 GB transfer and that first year all was great but I noticed as they increased storage plans the service got worse & worse.
    My question again , do you really need 250 gig space and 2500 gb bw ?
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Hello BullBoyKennels,

Are you sure you are talking GB's here or MB's ? if you are talking GB's i believe you really should look at a dedicated server. Also those visitors, if these are concurrent users, it is not suitable for a shared hosting environment.

Is there a change you made a mistake ?

Space per bluehost

1,500 Gigabyte Hosting Space
    15,000 GIGS of Transfer

but like I stated I"m fine with
    80-100 Gig space

Outside of a dedicated server I doubt you are going to find a host that will actually allow you to utilize that much space or bandwidth. That is 1.5 TBs of space and 15 TB's of transfer. There is now way a couple of forums needs that much unless you are serving up tons of files.

Sounds like you are hoting with a huge overseller.

I checked the site and they are offering
    1,500 Gigabyte Hosting Space (NEW!)
    Host UNLIMITED Domains!!!
    2,500 POP/Imap Email Accounts
    15,000 GIGS of Transfer (NEW!)
    SSH (Secure Shell), SSL, FTP, Stats
    CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MySQL
    2000/2002 Front Page Extensions
    Free Domain Forever!
    Free Site Builder (NEW)
    24/7 Superb/Responsive Sales/Support

but like I stated I"m fine with
    80-100 Gig space
    For $9 per month , Boy u need to do some research as to how to keep your websites happy !!

good luck with ur venture , shared hosting will not do, but than again people say you can find god if u really try hard so who knows !!

I think you will need to look at some dedicated servers or some dedi dedicated ones.
    Dedicated servers will be better, especially if you are still growing. But that will require a budget of around $100 per month. It may again go up if you need a control panel.
    With 100 users online at any time, I won't think a VPS will do much good. May be, there will be experts to comment on that.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Ok maybe you's are half reading,. what I'm saying. So I'll say it again.

If I can find a VPS host for $35 montly with atleast 80-100 GB disc space that would be more then fine. I understand that everyone is posting "Shared is not for You" so rather then to harp on it, just advice on some VPS host that may meet what I'm looking for.

I overlooked this. "500-1000 members online at any given time." With that many active members you should be able to turn a profit and get a dedicated server. I would be willing to bet that you will not find a shared host that can support that much traffic. In fact if that is the traffic that you have it is your site that is abusing the resources on the shared server.

Ok maybe you's are half reading,. what I'm saying. So I'll say it again.

If I can find a VPS host for $35 montly with atleast 80-100 GB disc space that would be more then fine. I understand that everyone is posting "Shared is not for You" so rather then to harp on it, just advice on some VPS host that may meet what I'm looking for.
    Good luck. $35 per month won't land you that disk space. You are also going to need alot of memory to keep up with your active users if in fact you do have 500 members online at any given time. I think someone else posted about active conections taking .5 megs of ram. I am not sure if this is correct but if it is then you are looking a 1gb of ram to support your 500 connection + ram needed by your OS and control panels.

I have not clue how much processor you would need to support that many connections either.

ok thanks for all the help on this,. I'll keep looking around for a good solution.