hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : SEO / SEM Discussions : How fast is your blog being indexed?

Forum Jump

How fast is your blog being indexed?

Reply Post New Thread In SEO / SEM  Discussions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 04:56 PM

How fast is your blog being indexed?

Some of my blogs get indexed in google within about ten minutes. Others take a day or two. Why is this? How fast is your indexed?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Community Guide

After each post, or when the blog is first launched?

If after each post, I see blogging search engines such as Technorati index my blog within ten seconds of me making a new post (I use the Live WordPress plugin, so I see every comment, human visitor and bot that hits my blog in real time). Google indexes my blog once or twice a day.

If you're talking about when I first launch, my blogs (all my sites, actually) are indexed within a couple days of launch. This is because I always make sure I link to the new site straight away from a site that is already indexed by search engines.

The more active your content is, the more often your blog will be indexed. I'm not sure exactly how often WHT is indexed, but I'll often see a thread, do a search in Google a couple hours later, and see the thread I was looking at two hours ago in the Google results. It gets indexed often because it's a site that is updated almost constantly, and of course is a very popular site.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Web Hosting Master

I've got a site thats a couple months old and google picks up new blog posts in about 30 seconds (if you type site:url, its indexed).

If you want to speed things up, use a Ping service like pingomatic to alert all the blog directory type of deals that you've published new content. In turn, google will see them first and then see you.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equentity - Jamie View Post
After each post, or when the blog is first launched?

If after each post, I see blogging search engines such as Technorati index my blog within ten seconds of me making a new post (I use the Live WordPress plugin, so I see every comment, human visitor and bot that hits my blog in real time). Google indexes my blog once or twice a day.

If you're talking about when I first launch, my blogs (all my sites, actually) are indexed within a couple days of launch. This is because I always make sure I link to the new site straight away from a site that is already indexed by search engines.

The more active your content is, the more often your blog will be indexed. I'm not sure exactly how often WHT is indexed, but I'll often see a thread, do a search in Google a couple hours later, and see the thread I was looking at two hours ago in the Google results. It gets indexed often because it's a site that is updated almost constantly, and of course is a very popular site.

can u please explain tht how did u add Live WordPress plugin to ur blog? I hve downloaded this code and want to add this code to my blog site on blogspot

Old 02-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Community Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verticity View Post
can u please explain tht how did u add Live WordPress plugin to ur blog? I hve downloaded this code and want to add this code to my blog site on blogspot
This is a plugin that can only be used with Wordpress blogs, Verticity. You won't be able to use it on Blogspot.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Disabled

ok I hve wordpress acount. please tell me how can use it on wordpress. please write whole proccesss.
Thanks in advance.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Community Guide

It's already written for you in the Live readme file, or in the WordPress documentation. http://codex.wordpress.org/Managing_Plugins

No need for me to write what has already been written if you use a little effort and look for yourself.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Disabled

it looks like tht wordpress.com and .org are 2 different sites??

Old 02-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Disabled

now I can understand tht plugins area is only for WordPress premium users???

Last edited by Verticity; 02-11-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Community Guide

WordPress.com is a service that hosts the WordPres software for you. I've never used this. I'm not sure if they accept plugins or not (maybe they do as a premium user).

If you want to use plugins for free, you will need to download the WordPress software from WordPress.org, install the software and then install the plugin.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:01 AM
WHT Addict

Your blog can be indexed fast if you save it in bookmarks such as digg, yahoo, google bookmarks, stumble, and many others. I believe this is the fastest way of getting indexed in Google.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:09 AM

Yes that is tru if you ping your blog you will get index faster but for me I am very lazy and it take my blog 4 day to get indexed in Google.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted