hostmania -vs- Rackshack?

So i am have been reading some posts and not too many people have said some nice things about hostmania, And i have heard bad things about rackshack!

Then on the flip side i have heard good things about both! I was to run Web hosting/Shellz/Game servers!

Could someone recomend one or the other??? based on PERSONAL experinces?

From our own experience, I would not advise the use or rackshack for a mission critical service, such as a web hosting business. They would be more suitable for game servers, and such. We haven't any experience with hostmania, but are currently waiting for a server that we ordered from them.

LOL
    unbelieveable

comparing hostmania to rackshack now
    anyhow.. i have no personal experience with hostmania yet (waiting on my servers)
    but from what i can see, they are far better than rackshack
    connectivity wise and support wise

I wouldn't want you hosting a shell server on either, and I don't even have a box at either....

I wouldn't compare them to each other. Although they do have similar pricing. They are both located in Texas. That's about it.

Hostmania seems to have some heavy growing pains..
    Jason

well for gameservers hostmania's internap would be best as its has lots of backbones probably good for webhosting too but for shells rackshack is probably better as they can take dos attacks better i suppose (even though hostmania doesnt advertise the line speed they have) its pretty hard to take down 5 gige but i suppose you only had to take down a couple and the network would kill itself.. heh

i got a hostmania.net cogent box yesterday. well, after waiting two weeks they installed the wrong OS. better yet, they gave me someone else's machine ... didn't even reformat or anything. gotta love it.

the price and speed are good. i can't complain about those two things. hostmania.net has assured me that they'll give me a new install (freebsd), but i figured i'd wait until this provisioning nonsense is over with.

well, i've been w/ rackshack before as well. although their provisioning system is _awesome_ (you get the machines in a matter of minutes), they're just backwards and hard to deal with. personally, i'd stay clear of them.

Every person that I know who ordered a rs box came with a 50~ day uptime hehe.

I had 47 on mine.... lol !

I think once hostmania gets their act together they will definantly be a better solution to rackshack.

However, I do believe a better way would perhaps be to get a server via eservers for the support aspect. Not sure

Originally posted by clocker1996
    LOL
    unbelieveable

comparing hostmania to rackshack now
    anyhow.. i have no personal experience with hostmania yet (waiting on my servers)
    but from what i can see, they are far better than rackshack
    connectivity wise and support wise
    talk about unbelievable
    how on earth can you say something is better though you've never had any personal experience? i'm sure their pre-sales is great ! from reading this board, given enough time, most the providers screw up in some capacity, just some have been around longer than others.

Originally posted by PetTalk

talk about unbelievable
    how on earth can you say something is better though you've never had any personal experience? i'm sure their pre-sales is great ! from reading this board, given enough time, most the providers screw up in some capacity, just some have been around longer than others.
    If you say so