Looking for shared hosting with 300Gb+ bandwith

Dear all

I have one little website that have bandwith around 150Gb/month right now.
    I need Cpanel shared hosting with approximately 400Gb traffic/month (and keep increasing) but not too much space needed (just 500Mb enough).

As I know, shared hosting will suspend our account when we used most of their resource (especially RAM) even if our allocation of traffic weren't reach the amount that hosting provider promised.
    For example, they promised 500Gb/month of traffic, but when our site reach 200Gb, they will suspend our site with consuming RAM resources reason.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by cyberonin; 02-10-2008 at 02:43 AM.

might want to try a VPS and maybe a managed VPS if you don't know how to do the configurations.

Maybe Dreamhost? I don't think they provide the best hosting service compared to others but from what I have seen they will let you use your full bandwidth allocation.

What is your budget?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Maybe I don't want VPS right now.
    I have experience when I bought VPS with 128Mb, the RAM were unable to handle that kind of websites.
    And the main problem right now is I don't have many time to manage that hosting, since I currently working offline.

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    What is your budget?
    maybe below than $15
    I still don't have plan to manage this website profesionally.
    still looking a proper host to handle the traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Patti View Post
    Maybe Dreamhost? I don't think they provide the best hosting service compared to others but from what I have seen they will let you use your full bandwidth allocation.
    That a good one too..
    but It seems that DH's clients were down right now (i can't access from here, Indonesia. I don't know whether DH were down, or my connection having problems)
    I'm currently can't open cssremix.com (cssremix were hosted at DH, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberonin View Post
    That a good one too..
    but It seems that DH's clients were down right now (i can't access from here, Indonesia. I don't know whether DH were down, or my connection having problems)
    I'm currently can't open cssremix.com (cssremix were hosted at DH, right?)
    I usually don't defend other companies, but I think the reason for the downtime is that they are physically moving an entire server cluster. I have seen from poking around the net that DH customers were notified of this 2 weeks in advance, although its not a justification for a period of long downtime it shows decency which many companies lack.

is this proxy hosting? If so you might want to raise your budget a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by t2chen View Post
    is this proxy hosting? If so you might want to raise your budget a bit.
    no, just simple local job-finding related website

Maybe you could try hostgator.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

How many page views and uniques do you have? Cuz that much bandwidth should mean some serious load as well...
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting

I have to say if your crashing 128Mb VPS, then I see no shared host filling this without getting suspend.

You also may want to look at your script to see if you can get the load lowered...
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Just because a site runs few hundred GB does not mean the site won't fit on a shared server. We have a shared hosting customer running on our Windows server which during Halloween season push ~1000-1500 GB of bandwidth. It is very suprising to see how well and stable the Windows server is.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

hostgator and yahoo have "unlimited" BW plans. jsut make sure you don't use it all in 1 day, lol.

I have used hundreds of gigabytes of bandwidth per month offering .iso files of Linux distros with Dreamhost's Crazy plan, and no one has knocked on the door.
    openSUSE user

To be honest, You really have to get lucky if you have high resource usage website along with high bandwidth usage. On average, the shared host will put 300 clients per server. the host would most likely carve around 3TB month per server. So if you get lucky and everyone else on the server are very small sites with very little CPU and bandwidth usage, you can take advantage of the extra usage. If you get a host which is small and your on a server which hasn't been filled up yet, maybe 100 clients, and the hosts is slow to fill the server, you can use the extra free space, but as the server fills, you will most likely get kicked off. On the other hand, if you are on a server with maybe 2-3 high volume sites similar to yours, your gonna have a hard time along with everyone else on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by bobitza View Post
    hostgator and yahoo have "unlimited" BW plans. jsut make sure you don't use it all in 1 day, lol.
    Nothing is unlimited. There is a limit for everything.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

What type of files are you serving and what other requires do you have. Is the content database driven, static, etc.?

You mentioned that it was "just simple local job-finding related website." Your high bandwidth requirements suggest your site is more than "just simple."
    BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
    Build your own website powered by BannerOS with our DIY service.

It's been mentioned before, but I feel a need to reiterate -- very few hosts that offer such large amounts of bandwidth typically do not allow the user to reach their allotment. This is primarily due to the fact that in order to use such resources, the site must be CPU intensive and violates the TOS, etc.

Unless this happens to be an entirely static site (which I doubt, since you said that this is a job site I will infer it's at least database driven)it is highly unlikely that you will find a shared host, especially at a budget of $15 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Nothing is unlimited. There is a limit for everything.
    I have an unlimited budget

Quote Originally Posted by bobitza View Post
    I have an unlimited budget
    Until you use all of it.

You simply can't piggy-bank on shared hosts. No simple job listings site takes up that much bandwidth/resource. You need dedicated or mid-high end VPS, and if you aren't able to budget it, you need to re-think your site...