The planet reimbursement

Has anyone been in a situation with The Planet where they need to reimburse, and if yes, how long did it take, and how did they do it? (deposit, cheaper hosting for NN time...)

A while back they did a mistake on my server but I never noticed till months later. I was paying for a P4 when I had a Celeron. Just an honest package mistake, so they switched me to a P4, doubled my ram for free since there was already a discount, and they said they'd also reimburse me since I was paying more. I had a phone call about it and all, and they treated the situation well which I was happy with.

It's been probably about 5 months and I did not get anything. I put in a ticket since I thought maybe I just never noticed it hit my bank but they said it was not paid yet.

So just wondering, is this normal? I'm not really in a hurry to get it, but I just want to make sure I will get it.

5 months is a bit long.

Have you called and asked them?

Only once, through a ticket. Thinking of putting another. Just don't want them to forget.

If it were me I would call them. Five months is an awfully long time.

You are probably their best customer lol
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Red Squirrel View Post

It's been probably about 5 months and I did not get anything. I put in a ticket since I thought maybe I just never noticed it hit my bank but they said it was not paid yet.

So just wondering, is this normal? I'm not really in a hurry to get it, but I just want to make sure I will get it.

login your orbit, and chat with their customer service. it is usually faster this way. say you want that solved right now.

they are pretty professional. I had few experiences dealing with them. they are able to get this fix for a happy ending.
    RVSkin, RVSiteBuilder, Triple Backup, Unlimited End-user Support Reseller Hosting
    Sales Team from TheMagicHost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Squirrel View Post
    I can help you out if you haven't heard anything back yet. I will send you a PM for your account number or (if you have it handy) the ticket where you were offered the reimbursement. I'll get it taken care of as soon as possible.

Thanks!

-Kevin
    Last edited by KHazard; 02-11-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Removed request for PM. Will PM directly.
    Kevin Hazard
    Director, Digital Content
    SoftLayer, an IBM Companyhttp://twitter.com/softlayer