Writers' Strike: Tentative Deal Reached, Members Meeting Today

quoth the allmighty tv guide

Just when we were convincing ourselves that we really could get into a TV schedule comprised of nothing but Paradise Hotel 2, Big Brother and cooking shows, the WGA has reached a tentative deal with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers.
    Could it be? Could the season of reality tv and bad, bad reruns and replacements (Jericho notwithstanding) FINALLY be over?

Of course it'll take forever to get new episodes of shows out, but YAY!
    Last edited by whmcsguru; 02-09-2008 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Changed title
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Finally the strike is over . I can finally watch my TV shows. I got so tired of reruns being played every week -_-.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

Glad to hear this. Hopefully it doesn't take too long before new episodes come out!
    DILIGENThost.com, Canadian hosting based on high-availability w/ 24/7 bilingual (French) support & 100% uptime -> Toll free phone support
    cPanel/WHM 11 + Fantastico, PHP4&5, Private nameservers, Unlimited domains & features, Self Serve DNS...Shared / Reseller / VPS / Dedicated | Webmasters-Inside.com - Come join our new webmaster forum!

Quote Originally Posted by diligent View Post
    Glad to hear this. Hopefully it doesn't take too long before new episodes come out!
    They've even got that one answered here

Seems like the standard answer for non filmed episodes is April/May, but you may want to check the link out.

Talk about a messed up season, though, in some respects it's good, because all the new stuff didn't get cancelled immediately (they had to show SOMETHING), giving it a decent chance against the returning stuff.

Thank God, I've been getting tired of Jon Stewart sucking on his show, finally he'll be funny again.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingdoneright View Post
    Thank God, I've been getting tired of Jon Stewart sucking on his show, finally he'll be funny again.
    Yeah, I was getting kinda tired of Stewart/Colbert myself. I've got to admit though that the Stewart/Colbert/Obrien stunt was somewhat amusing. At least it kept people going for a couple hours

The question remains though:
    Who made Huckabee?
    Last edited by whmcsguru; 02-09-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Yeah, I was getting kinda tired of Stewart/Colbert myself. I've got to admit though that the Stewart/Colbert/Obrien stunt was somewhat amusing. At least it kept people going for a couple hours

The question remains though:Who Made Huckabee?
    Ya it was pretty funny but just showed even more how bad they are at acting with out writers to backup their jokes. I don't think Colbert got nearly as bad as Stewart, he was still able to pull off his usual character and be decently funny. Stewart just seemed nervous and unsure about everything he was saying and constantly made fun of how unfunny he was.

BUT the conclusion of who made Huckabee goes like this.

MTV made Huckabee since MTV made Jon, Jon made Conan, Conan made Colbert and Colbert made Huckabee. MTV has moved from influencing teens to now having an influence in politics

MTV made Huckabee since MTV made Jon, Jon made Conan, Conan made Colbert and Colbert made Huckabee. MTV has moved from influencing teens to now having an influence in politics
    WOuldn't it be more appropriate then that Viacom made Huckabee, since Viacom made MTV (or did they just buy them out), making Steward, making Colbert, making Huckabee?

RELEASE THE 24 VIDEOS YOU ARE HOLDING HOSTAGE FOX! RELEASE IT!

Great news nonetheless. Long three months it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    WOuldn't it be more appropriate then that Viacom made Huckabee, since Viacom made MTV (or did they just buy them out), making Steward, making Colbert, making Huckabee?
    MTV was bought out by Viacom (splitoff from CBS Viacom) but was originally created by Warner-Amex Satellite Entertainment, but is now owned by Viacom but is still somehow under Warner-Amex's network (Dunno). But ANYWAYS.......

Warner Communications and American Express created Huckabee because Warner Communications and American Express jointed together to create Warner-Amex which made MTV, MTV made Jon Stewart, Jon made Conan, Conan made Colbert, and Colbert made Huckabee.

AHAH!
    I knew it all along. Mike Huckabee was in it all along for the money. Damn you AMEX!

No writers strike FTW

Good news for Entertainment industries, possibly the writers will resume work from Monday.

That's really good news around, we can finally get back our favorite shows.

I thought Jim Cramer made Hickabee.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Quote Originally Posted by cywkevin View Post
    I thought Jim Cramer made Hickabee.
    Until Hickabee shouts out "Booyah" at a political convention, lets not give Cramer that much credit.