Thread: dsl question?

Talking dsl question?

ok please read this as i believe i may be getting dsl just want to see.

most people say you have to be withing like 2 miles of the telco does that mean the actuall building or can they place small buildings along the way and you can be close to that and still get it?

either way

i live in the town Tecumseh there is a town aboug 5-8 miles away called Shawnee

i was driving there today and along the side of the road they had a huge white pipe probably like 1 foot around in size and was hundreds of feet long, and then i saw a bunch of blue wire or somthing on the ground i figured maybe thats fiber? and they had a little yellow machine that looked like it pulled the wire in the tube and had backhole and alot of other stuff and a huge hole in the ground

what do you guys think?" maybe i finally getting dsl? because they recently started laying fiber down the street from me but i dont understand how i would get dsl from shawnee when i live at the edge of tecumseh and use tecumseh's phone company

please post your thoughts

I had DSL before I went cable. It's pretty good.

Yes, you need to be within 1.5 miles of the central office for it to work. I have heard that in some areas the phone companies are laying T1 lines to a remote junction box and sending out the dsl lines from there.

Check with your phone company.
    Feelings are not tools for rational thought.

You can be up to 5 Miles from the Central Office, depending on the flavor of DSL they use... e.g. g.Lite

then why would they lay fiber lines to my town if i dont even use thier phone service and if it would be out of reach?

It's just like asking, why does the rural town I live in, which has population of 5,000 people have a central office which can service up to an OC-48. And, why the local telco runs fiber down a rural road, which is half gravel.

lol ok well i just hoping its dsl so my cable company can actually have somthing to compete with so they will get thier act together

They may be adding capacity to handle DSL.