* Multi c-class IP package needed

Hello all,

I'm looking for a deal that will provide me with an SEO platform:

A. Reseller \ Shared
    B. Linux \ cPanel
    C. Multi c-class IP (Set num., which can be divided to domain groups)
    D. Low Bandwidth & Space
    E. All other, preaty basic - As websites will be very low key and mostly text.
    IT & Web Services - Hosting, Domains, SEO, Project Mang.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sustainable SEO | Articles Depot

unless you are link farm spamming search engines there is no reason to have "multiple class c" IPs, simply not used in their formula unless they are looking at abuse.

Not really,

If i support a few SEO clients and want to get a low price on hosting ... logical thing is to get a single reseller\shared with multipal IP's, rather the get multi-seperate accounts.

FDCServers or FDCHost will be one of the few ISPs willing to hand out a full c-class.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

You might try looking for a host that will give you a few different class c IP's, but generally you'll receive some from most hosts when you have a managed server. To you have proper justification for each seperate class c IP need?

I'm looking for a Shared\Reseller account and not a Mang. one (Which i know mostly come with a few IP's).

Sure i have justifaction ... as mentioned above, i need this for my SEO projects and want to save on getting a few seprate accounts. Websites will not be SPAM but legit. info. websites. I don't tend to create SPAM pages, but just move a portion of the content from the SEO'd website to a new website ... thus, creating a new quality website wich can point to the target website.

I don't see any harm in this.

You won't get any ips for that justification. And FDC won't do it too.

What's your budget?
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting

Can't give a specific number ... Let's assume that at present i have 3-4 SEO clients that each will need a few seperate hosting plans to that end ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoy View Post
    Can't give a specific number ... Let's assume that at present i have 3-4 SEO clients that each will need a few seperate hosting plans to that end ...
    SEO is not an acceptable justification. Hosting a new mail server or web server is.

Regards,

It makes no difference, google is not fooled by a different IP, especially if they are from the same allocation and/or announced from the same AS (network).

On another point, classful addressing went by-the-by years ago. What you really mean is addresses in separate /24 subnets - but as I say, if they are all out of the same /18 etc. allocation, then it's not going to fool google in the slightest, so you're wasting your time really.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by KDAWebServices View Post
    It makes no difference, google is not fooled by a different IP, especially if they are from the same allocation and/or announced from the same AS (network).

On another point, classful addressing went by-the-by years ago. What you really mean is addresses in separate /24 subnets - but as I say, if they are all out of the same /18 etc. allocation, then it's not going to fool google in the slightest, so you're wasting your time really.
    "SEO" people don't agree even when dead wrong. They just want to make money providing "advice" on SEO.

I'll do what i do best, and leave u to what ever it is u do best ... And in any case, what u say is not that accurate and ofcourse i refer to a /24 subnet (i.e. more widely known as a c-class on the IPv4 era).

In any case, i'm looking to save money and provide a service which is legal and will even contribute to the general welfare. As i seperate between on-line shoping & on-line knowledge. I bet i rather read and learn more on "The way car engines work" then go to a "But a car" website and get bombarded by Ads.

I'm not a SPAMER!

Sorry, Ahoy - you'll get no joy here - most web hosts are completely clueless as to why SEO's would need to host in different IP ranges.

All the hosts above with an opinion on SEO obviously don't "get it", but unfortunately, you'll find the same attitude repeated.

Banged my head against this wall for a long time at hosting forums.

Quote Originally Posted by I, Brian View Post
    Sorry, Ahoy - you'll get no joy here - most web hosts are completely clueless as to why SEO's would need to host in different IP ranges.

All the hosts above with an opinion on SEO obviously don't "get it", but unfortunately, you'll find the same attitude repeated.

I acctualy found a few, but still not sure their spec. & price are suitable for me ... but i guess ur quite right on this ... Pity i need to transfer this cost to my clients.

Truth hurts:
    http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/myth-b...-ip-addresses/

Really IPv4 is in limited supply, doing multiple IPs for hosting for SEO purposes is pure waste and ARIN frown upon it greatly.

If you really want to do this just get multiple reseller accounts at different providers, at least then you can use their shared ip's and still be different, and IPv4 limit friendly.

Sorry, Stephen, you sound as though you know as much about SEO as I do about command line sys admin - but I'm not going to go on forums telling sys admins how to do their job.

I think yourself (and most webhosts) seriously misunderstand what is being asked, though.

The bottom line is that for link development purposes, Google has multiple patents that seeks to devalue cross-linking between websites within the same IP range. It's strongly believed Google finally implemented this policy in the update of Nov 2003 named "Florida" - I also was the first SEO to report in public that the Florida update had begun.

In case you don't believe the issue on devaluing of links within the same IP range, here's a few patents Google have filed over the issue, showing what they've actually been looking to try and implement:
    http://www.seo-lab.com/google-articl...rs/Hilltop.php
    http://www.seo-lab.com/google-articl...ank-Patent.php

Please note that this has nothing to do with hosting on dedicated vs shared IP addresses - this is all about how links are valued by Google in terms of IP ranges - a big issue in SEO link development work.

If you disagree, I'll be speaking at SES London next week covering both link building sessions, and you are welcome to quiz me then.

Ahoy - free tip - go to Hostgator. Just don't do any dark stuff, okay, thanks.

Sorry, Stephen, you sound as though you know as much about SEO as I do about command line sys admin - but I'm not going to go on forums telling sys admins how to do their job.

I think yourself (and most webhosts) seriously misunderstand what is being asked, though.

The bottom line is that for link development purposes, Google has multiple patents that seeks to devalue cross-linking between websites within the same IP range. It's strongly believed Google finally implemented this policy in the update of Nov 2003 named "Florida" - I also was the first SEO to report in public that the Florida update had begun.

In case you don't believe the issue on devaluing of links within the same IP range, here's a few patents Google have filed over the issue, showing what they've actually been looking to try and implement:
    http://www.seo-lab.com/google-articl...rs/Hilltop.php
    http://www.seo-lab.com/google-articl...ank-Patent.php

Please note that this has nothing to do with hosting on dedicated vs shared IP addresses - this is all about how links are valued by Google in terms of IP ranges - a big issue in SEO link development work.

If you disagree, I'll be speaking at SES London next week covering both link building sessions, and you are welcome to quiz me then.

Ahoy - free tip - go to Hostgator. Just don't do any dark stuff, okay, thanks.
    Look, as stated before it doesn't matter if it is on 40 /20's if it is all coming from the same AS it can be just as easily discounted, the whole idea is wholly misconstrued. The AS is just as much a part of it as the /24 it can be just as easily filtered with simple queries.

Some logic behind the argument about multiple /24's would go a long ways, as of now I have never seen any logic for it, nor is any displayed here. These patents are just that,patents, they can use the same thing to apply to the AS, the AS number is the "root" of the owner if they really want to filter and find link spammers, SEO spammers, etc.

It's my day job to rely on the logic of it - which is thoroughly proven in the field.

No, I'm not a spammer, either - I'm actually trying to help brands rank great content above affiliate spammers who try to fill Google with junk.

Is this sort of thing why google searches are becoming less and less relevant?

Seems like the first few pages of all my queries are filled with sites selling something or ******** sites pretending not to sell anything, but filled with links to sites that do

I agree that these patents are good ideas but probably much more difficult to implement than most people realize. Especially in a world of shared hosting where valid links and real content can be only a couple of ip's away from a referring site. And I think google search results reflect that difficulty.
    VPSVille.com
    Toronto, London, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Quality VPS hosting on Premium bandwidth

Pity i need to transfer this cost to my clients.
    If they want this "value-add" why should they not pay for it.

In my mind the value is questionable.

Now, as far as any patents any search engine might own, staking out territory with a patent is not the same as actually implementing it in the exact way described in the patent, or indeed, implementing it at all.

As for justification, no, seo is not a viable justification in the eyes of the various address registries. This is because of the shared hosting capability of http using host headers.

Besides, binding hundreds of ip addresses to a single network card is just plain silly in terms of performance.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com