Hetzner or corenetworks or netdirekt

I am currently looking for a low end dedicated server with at least 500gb of bw for torrentflux purposes for hosting/downloading non-copyright works. Which is the best of the 3 which suits me? Hetzner or corenetworks or netdirekt?

Well if it's illegal material, corenetworks is probably out, seeing as it's in the US.. As for the other two, I'd reccomend Hetzner, as they seem to be a bit more with the times, and it looks like they have a rather nice setup.

I think that CoolRack means legal material
    non-copyright works

Quote Originally Posted by CoolRock View Post
    I am currently looking for a low end dedicated server with at least 500gb of bw for torrentflux purposes for hosting/downloading non-copyright works. Which is the best of the 3 which suits me? Hetzner or corenetworks or netdirekt?
    I don't think you can host torrents with Hetzner, regardless of the material type. Check before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by vipeax View Post
    I think that CoolRack means legal material
    Oh, I saw torrents and copyright and immeduately figured that he was downloading illegal stuff . If it's legal material you want, I would highly reccomend corenetworks, their cheapest server is in stock, and (after the $70 setup fee) you get a nice little celeron w/ 1tb bw and a 10mbit connecting and an 80gb hdd for only $25/m.

Does CoreNetworks allow IRC or P2P applications on the network?
    CoreNetworks would like to acknowledge that not all IRC is considered abuse, so IRC is allowed. However, our AUP is strictly enforced when it comes to IRC abuse or misuse. If you are not able to control the users of your system you may wish to ban IRC or implement your own firewall rules to avoid having your server revoked. P2P is also allowed, but only as long as it is being used for legal content that does not violate the CoreNetworks AUP.
    Corenetworks even has it right in their tos, P2P is ok as long as it's legal!

Quote Originally Posted by Seb_wh View Post
    I don't think you can host torrents with Hetzner, regardless of the material type. Check before you buy.
    Here it is:

Betrifft: Colocation, Root Server

Aus Gründen der Netzstabilität wurde der Port 6667 gesperrt.
    Somit steht Ihnen der IRC-Dienst nicht zur Verfügung.

Damit wir für unsere Kunden ein performantes und zuverlässiges Netzwerk betreiben können, sind folgende Aktionen untersagt:

- Der Betrieb von Filesharing-Tools wie z.B. eDonkey
    - Das Scannen von fremden Netzen oder fremden IP-Adressen
    ... translated with a little help from Google:
    Subject: colocation, Root Server

For the sake of stability, the network port 6667 blocked.
    Thus, you can contact the IRC service is not available.

This we do for our customers a fast and reliable network operation, the following actions are prohibited:

-- The operation of file-sharing tools such as e.g. EDonkey
    -- The scanning of foreign networks or foreign IP addresses

Netdirekt have a good connection / peering and the prices are fair. I'm not shure if they allow bittorrent files or not, but I know 6667 isn't blocked there.
    -Mr Bister