Toronto, Canada

Paypal for web server

Does anyone use Paypal to recive web hosting payments? Is it a good idea? and is it secure?

I do, yes, and I would say that it is pretty secure. PayPal has things in place to help them detect fraud charges and things. I've never heard of any problems of where they weren't secure.

Hope that helps!
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." -

Word of advice after you get 500.00 or so in there take your money out and I suggest not using it as your main form of income but more of a backup for people without a credit card.. it seems like paypal gets an itchy freeze button sometimes and decides to freeze peoples accounts.

East Coast, USA
    mattschinkel, I use Paypal for friendly and decent customers without credit cards. I have heard a few horror stories, but have never had a problem with Paypal myself.

Go for it!
    Yeah baby, we do hosting!
    24 hour support except on Saturday evenings when we party hardy

I offer PayPal in addition to normal credit card payments. I notice that a lot of "blog" kids will want to sign up and use PayPal to pay for their service. Nothing wrong with PayPal, just don't hoard huge sums of money in the account
    Jordan Bouvier

New York, NY

I advise you whether accept credit card payments or both together CC and PayPal.

Since PayPal is not recognized in all the countries, most of people for example from Asia ain't able to apply via PayPal. However if you are accepting credit cards, from whole around the world can pay you.

That was my two cents, since myself Im having problem with paying some companies who just accept payments via PayPal.

Have a great Day!

PS: If you are looking for a good merchant account provider, have look at
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889