Technical Writing/Marketing

You know all the fancy choice of words and marketing you find at a web hosting site? Where do I find a technical writer to do all that? Any recommendations?

You mean all the hogwash about 'solutions' that everyone (including myself) uses to sound extra special? Just keep reading them for a few days, you'll come up with something.

Just start thinking in those kind of terms. Remember, you're not going out for a cup of coffee, you're looking outside the box for a cafeinated beverage solution.

Originally posted by lightnin
    You mean all the hogwash about 'solutions' that everyone (including myself) uses to sound extra special? Just keep reading them for a few days, you'll come up with something.
    I agree -- read enough of the lingo and you'll be speakin' it in no time. In case you can't and you're still looking, I can write something for you.

Free of charge?

Just to clarify, if you're shopping around: technical writing and writing of marketing copy for a website are two entirely different things. And it doesn't sound like technical writing is what you want.

So you might want to try a search at Google for something like "website copy editing" and read a few of the sites that come up to see if any sound like what you're looking for. There are any number of companies and individuals that do this kind of stuff.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Originally posted by xelA
    Free of charge?
    That depends on the specifics of your project.

Originally posted by RackNine
    Quiet fool! Don't outsource your production line to make quota! You'll lose a viable revenue source through parallel competitive practices!
    Damn...I was just about to say the same thing!
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

I would have mentioned; "the potential downside is the negative outflow of marketing resources resulting in a braindrain from a somewhat, unrecoverable source. Maximizing the upside potential is always conducive to a compensating value, which is relative in today's market."

Or something along those lines.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Hey...this is good stuff...! Are you all copy editors?

Of course, while all of that stuff is funny enough, it's exactly what you don't want! What you do want is clearly-written, direct, accurate writing that serves a few different purposes: sells your product or service to people who get to your site, encourages click-throughs by those who read just the description, title, or a snippet, and ranks well on search engines.

Those last two are what makes copy writing for the web different from that for print -- and they're at least as important as the first.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.