Mac Video display question - hdmi or vga

I am hooking up my mac mini to my new vizio 1080p 42" LCD and a mwodnering which method to use.. DVI-HDMI input or VGA to my LCD's VGA INPUT?

Thanks!

Go with DVI-HDMI. This will keep your signal digital and you'll get better picture quality. We have a Mac mini connected in this fashion to a 47" Philips LCD and it works great. Don't bother with VGA!
    BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
    Build your own website powered by BannerOS with our DIY service.

Ditto. VGA is "old school." You're a Mac user, move up in the world.

I hooked it up with DVI, very sharp, clear picture. My 42" LCD is 1080p, the mac display option is 1900x1080 (interlaced).. ?
    At 1900x1080 the text is smooth but sooo tough to read even from 5 feet away.. so I put it at 1280x720 and its easy to read. Thsi normal?

Yes, that's very normal. Remember that the LCD that sits in front of you is only about 2 or 3 feet away (closer at very small resolutions). If you're using it for presentation purposes, then the lower resolution will work better.

The mac mini only supports 1900X1080i, not progressive. Try dropping it down to 1680X1050 which supports progressive instead.
    BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
    Build your own website powered by BannerOS with our DIY service.

I wish my laptop had a DVI-HDMI output . Unfortunately I only have a VGA and S-Video port which is basically crap.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!