Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    For the online support, it depends you are chatting with which person. Some persons can answer lots of tech question. But some persons just tell you to submit a ticket. But all persons are courteous.

For the free domain, if it is within the first year. It is reasonable. But I was told it is anytime, even through the customer keeps the reseller plan, just want get the full domain control panel.

For the incident, you may refer the following topic:
    http://whbstatus.com/showthread.php?t=1930

02-10-2008, 06:50 PM
    RS10 Server illegal intrusion RS10 was hacked because of fault of the web server software. We are constantly updating the software and following the news that concerns its security, However, it cannot guarantee the 100% protection from new attacks.

All we could restore was restored as soon as possible, the subnets where the attacks were performed from, are blocked immediately, the source of the attacks on our server was localized and removed. The software will be changed and reset soon.

Unfortunately we failed to restore the part of the content as a result of the changes not only of the working directories but the backups as well.

The files containing the letter "index" in their names were changed as well. If you have their copies you can restore them on your own.

We apologize for the arisen situation and we will do our best to prevent it in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell View Post
    Our online live sales is exactly that - live sales and basic technical support (which is clearly stated).

We also explain that you have the domain for as long as you have the hosting plan with us and if you cancel the account within the first year, you have to pay the $9 we paid to register the domain or transfer it to the registrar of your choice for $15. Assuming you never cancel the hosting plan, the domain is completely free. Again, we're not shady about this, this is all clearly stated in our TOS.

I'm not sure which incident you're talking about but we haven't had any total data loss issues....
    Domain, Hosting and Reseller at http://www.hostdomainzone.com

Hi all,

I am currently looking at a couple of reseller programs: WebHostingBuzz, ResellerZoom, Ubiquity, and a few others.
    My SIMPLE question is: is this host (WebHostingBuzz) good or not? I came to this thread to find that out, and not to witness desputes over some minor stuff. Everyone knows webhosts are people like us, and their hardware is as normal as our PCs at home, so it breaks sometimes. I don't care to have 100% uptime, 3 terabytes of disk, unlimited bandwidth, and tech support that never sleeps. That's just impossible, even for offshore companies, if you know what I mean. I just want to find out whether this host is reasonable, doesn't suspend accounts for as little as normal CPU usage, deliver on their promises, etc. And what about these free domains for life? If they are free for life, then they should be free for life. "Life" is not 1 year, is it? Why don't you ask them to remove the "life" promise from their site, if they only offer free domain for 1 year?

OK, I hope to get some info back

webzy
    <<Record Setter for Most Colors in a Signature - Please review the communities rules for signature setup>>

Quote Originally Posted by webzy View Post
    Hi all,

I am currently looking at a couple of reseller programs: WebHostingBuzz, ResellerZoom, Ubiquity, and a few others.
    My SIMPLE question is: is this host (WebHostingBuzz) good or not? I came to this thread to find that out, and not to witness desputes over some minor stuff. Everyone knows webhosts are people like us, and their hardware is as normal as our PCs at home, so it breaks sometimes. I don't care to have 100% uptime, 3 terabytes of disk, unlimited bandwidth, and tech support that never sleeps. That's just impossible, even for offshore companies, if you know what I mean. I just want to find out whether this host is reasonable, doesn't suspend accounts for as little as normal CPU usage, deliver on their promises, etc. And what about these free domains for life? If they are free for life, then they should be free for life. "Life" is not 1 year, is it? Why don't you ask them to remove the "life" promise from their site, if they only offer free domain for 1 year?

OK, I hope to get some info back

webzy
    Hello webzy,

Our free domains for life are for the lifetime of your hosting account with us. Should you ever cancel and wish to keep the domain, we offer you the chance to do this (and you just pay the registration charges). This is clearly stated on our site.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

Thanks for a quick reply. So, as I understand this, somebody tried to cancel their account before the year was up, so they had to pay the normal registration and transfer fees stated in your TOS. That's understandable and it was basically their not reading of the TOS, not your not keeping the promises.

I am currently with imhosted, and everyone knows what that's like LOL. Overselling like crazy and then suspending my account after as much as installing some PHP driven site. I was shocked, to say the least. But... it was my fault after all, that I did not do my research into hosting companies beforehand. I was a total beginner a few years back, and had no clue about all those issues. I thought, hey! loads of space, cheap plan, I like it. Was I ever wrong...

I am not really looking for reselling, but I have over 100 domains which I'd like to setup somewhere. Only a few are going to be full "heavy" sites; others are just parked at the moment. All I need is to have my sites up most of the time, have PHP and MySQL as well as ImageMagic and Fantastico. In time, it would be nice to have easily customizable shopping carts with a possibility for European banking system incorporated into them (in Europe we can easily pay online directly from our bank accounts as well as credit cards and PayPal). SSH would be REALLY nice, as ftp is a pain in the butt. Custom nameservers would be nice and cheap SSL too.

Am I asking a lot, or is it doable?

webzy
    <<Record Setter for Most Colors in a Signature - Please review the communities rules for signature setup>>

OK, since my last post I have signed up with hostnine. I will let you know guys how it goes.
    A review will come after a while.

webzy

OK, there's nothing really to review about hostnine... I left them already.

See more details about why I left them in another thread, where we discuss it in more detail.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=574513

webzy

Subject: Stay away from webhostingbuzz!!!!
    - by deafsurf.org on 15 Apr 2008:

" Webhosstingbzz used to be top notch at first year ago then this 2008, half year coming (I got good deal like 2 years contract for 84 dollars each year)
    Then I noticed that deafsurf.org shut down few times in each month and awful slowest.
    I complained to webhostingbuzz about this and they never respond me. Also, I can’t use my old password and username for log in deafsurf.org thru Ftp but somehow my same old PW/username don’t work any more now.
    Look like maybe they caused some mistake by their goofs and avoid answering my complaints. I am starts broiling after I tried to get Bill dept and Support’s attentions and they never respond my emails then I email them with my strong warning to them that my lawyer may contact webhostingbuzz for legal action including loss $, emotion damage and wasted my value time unless they better to respond me in within business 10 days from today Tuesday, April 15th 4 am. My patient is already run out. Time for you to clean up your damn messy action now!
    I will never do business with you again ever!

Hey everyone, I recommend you to try dreamhost.com. I am very happy with dreamhost.com for more than one year now. Service and support customer dept are excellent. They always respond my emails in within few hours to 24 hours.

I really hate webhostingbuzz’s tickets. Their techies seem not know what to do.
    They always play thumbs up in their butts.

Stay Away From Webhostingbuzz! They are shady geeks!

addict60,

If we ignored our customers then we would not be in business. If you contact us through the correct means - live support, phone support or via our helpdesk, I guarantee you will get a response.

I guessed I got your big attention and you take me seriously because you dont want potent customers to get idea that your company screwed me so bad.

I tried to get some helps from techie, billing and custom service. They never responded my emails at all.

Even, I tried to talk with real live salewoman online then someone was rude to me like she hang up on me then I tried to get other staff then other lady showed up online and she gave me the same damn phone # which I tried to call this same phone # many times before and they never answered my calls at all. They used the answer machines all times and they never call me back at all. I cant log in FTP after somehow they cancelled or changed my password and username, which I use them many times before.

I am already tired and sick of your company's avoids. I demand your company to pay me back for total 4 months because your company already violent my rights under California law for customers' rights. Also, you already breached my contract for 2 years. Your company hurt our surf club alot because impossible for me to update news and change photos at deafsurf.org, thanked alot to your staff who cancelled my password / login. That;s why I cant use tickets for report to your techie about this problem.

I used to love your company webhostingbuzz last year but now, I hate your company. I dont recommend my friends and customers to webhostingbuzz ever again. I dont want to do business with your company again cuz your company already wasted my time, energy, and money. Now, I am very happy with my new server like dreamhost.com for my business shakaphoto.com and I will transfer deafsurf.org to dreamhost.com from webhostingbuzz sooner after you refund my $$$ for total 4 months ( for last 4 months ) and plus this month until expire on August 2008 (total 3 months) Your company owe us total 7 months in PRO RATE now.
    Last edited by addict60; 05-06-2008 at 03:59 AM.

MDrussell,

I believed that your company already got my 2 or 3 emails with my warning repeat that I will show copy of emails to my lawyer then my lawyer may contact your company for legal action if they failed to respond my email in business 10 days since last April 10th.

I decided to wait and give your company more time to catch up with me and solve problems with me but they seem to ignored my warning emails. They may think I am trying to scare them.

I am deadly serious, I am not playing game with your company for legal action. I will contact my lawyer this week and see what my lawyer mention about your company's failed to serve my deaf surf club after we paid your company $84 last August 07 through my Visa. I can prove that 84 dollars had been paid to your company by showing my credit card statement to judge in California.

Also, in my last warning email to your company's billing, customer service and techie including many eyewitnesses from members of my surf club in C.C. for trial paper back to your company.

The same members got my copied emails to your company about their failed server, lack of cooperation and communication to me for 4 months! The $84.00 is not from my money. This is coming from our club's fund. That's why many members are not happy with your company's failed server and lack of communication to me.

Russell, at this time, you better tell your company to smell COFFEE & WAKE UP because we will take your company to small claim court soon unless your company refund money to us like total 7 months now or you will pay us by your ARM & LEG at the court! Your choice. Think careful!

If WebHostingBuzz didn't reply to tickets at all did they receive them?

If you were rude I'd expect the operator to terminate the live chat...

Is it worth taking legal action for $84/2years service?
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

addict60,

I would love to know the ticket IDs of the emails you have sent us. Every email received will generate a ticket ID and allow us to track it. Feel free to PM me with this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloory View Post
    If WebHostingBuzz didn't reply to tickets at all did they receive them?

If you were rude I'd expect the operator to terminate the live chat...

Is it worth taking legal action for $84/2years service?
    Look, I was very patient and polite then your real live staff online was very rude, which made me very pissed off.

I can prove you by logging and you owe me apology later.

now, are you trying to make me look bad guy to your potent customers? Try nice.

You screw me and get away with 84/2years service and I can screw you by make nice profit $$$ by lawsuit against you and I can ask judge to add thousand dollars for suffer and emotinal damage by your company's neglects. because your company failed to answer my tickets, emails , phone calls and your rude staff online. this drove me exhausted and frustrated big times.

You explicitly stated you sent us two or three emails. If you did, you'd have ticket IDs available, so I can look into your claim of our "non response".

Live chat is mainly for basic issues but if you can provide me with the live chat ID, I can also look into it.

You have plenty of strong statements against us yet you have not provided me with one piece of information to determine that:

a) you are or were a customer
    b) you sent us 2 or 3 emails
    c) what issues, if any, you had and so that these can be resolved

All I am asking for is the ticket ID. You're making yourself look bad by not providing this.

Quote Originally Posted by addict60 View Post
    Look, I was very patient and polite then your real live staff online was very rude, which made me very pissed off.

I can prove you by logging and you owe me apology later.

now, are you trying to make me look bad guy to your potent customers? Try nice.

You screw me and get away with 84/2years service and I can screw you by make nice profit $$$ by lawsuit against you and I can ask judge to add thousand dollars for suffer and emotinal damage by your company's neglects. because your company failed to answer my tickets, emails , phone calls and your rude staff online. this drove me exhausted and frustrated big times.

Sir,

I am in no way connected with WebHostingBuzz, I was just surprised at your attitude.

You can ask a judge to add thousands of dollars so you can "make a nice profit" but if there is any sense in the world he'll dismiss the case and award costs against you. Clause 18 of their terms would appear to limit their liability in any case.

Looks like it's up to you to prove that they received your tickets or shut up and move on.
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

addict60,

I would love to know the ticket IDs of the emails you have sent us. Every email received will generate a ticket ID and allow us to track it. Feel free to PM me with this information.
    I told you before. You didnt read my previous posts earlier. Please re-read it, scroll down.

I stopped to use tickets# after your staff didnt bother to respond my tickets. I gave up them for good. This forced me to use emails to your staff and they still failed to respond me repeat.

They failed to call me back after I tried to call and leave few messages and no luck at all.

My patient is already ran out and I said HELL WITH WEBHOSTINGBUZZ.COM!

However, you better report your company that I am considering legal action against your company soon if your company dont bother to look and find my previous emails sooner.

We will be better off alot if your company refund my $$$$ in PRO RATE for total 7 months then I will forget the legal action. this is best interesting for everyone. This is cheaper than legal action. THINK HARDER!

I am very tired and go to bed right now. I will read your more posts in morning or noon.

And like I said, we wouldn't be in business if we didn't respond to tickets. All email addresses published on our site pipe into our helpdesk so either way, you would get a ticket ID.

Your whole approach, tone and empty threats have made you look bad. My initial response was to determine the ticket ID to try and help you. Your loss.

What is wrong with your brain?
    Scroll down and re-read about why tickets# were not work for me. Now , you are making yourself look bad by not read my previous posts in careful!

I will provide you all information next day when I feel fresh energy. I want your email address under webhostingbuzz.com then I can email you all documatary and you will be shock about your company's lack of communication with me. I can prove you about this. I gotta go to bed now. good night.

You explicitly stated you sent us two or three emails. If you did, you'd have ticket IDs available, so I can look into your claim of our "non response".

Live chat is mainly for basic issues but if you can provide me with the live chat ID, I can also look into it.

You have plenty of strong statements against us yet you have not provided me with one piece of information to determine that:

a) you are or were a customer
    b) you sent us 2 or 3 emails
    c) what issues, if any, you had and so that these can be resolved

All I am asking for is the ticket ID. You're making yourself look bad by not providing this.

I already told you before. I will provide you all information ASAP next day.

LET ME BE BLUNT WITH YOU!!!

Nah, I am not loss at all. You are desperate and try to make me look very bad to your potent customers. I am not hiding anything from you. I STAND AND STAY HERE TO FACE TO YOUR FACE! BECAUSE I WANT YOUR COMPANY TO SMELL COFEEE AND WAKE UP NOW!

I want all potent customers to know the truth about your company's neglects to me.

I want you to give me your company's email address or should I post all of information at here, so you and people can read all my truths? You better be very careful what you just called me "loss"
    "
    You can try to make me look like bad person to public eyes but I want all public eyes to know the truth that I tried to contact you many times and your company failed to respond me.
    I have rights to be very pissed off cuz I already paid you 84 dollars in advance.

okay, how would you feel if you hired and pay mechanic in advance for repair your car then later weeks / months, your mechanic keeps to ignore your emails, phone calls, fax, snail mail etc...cuz he never finish to work on your car at all and he got all of your money. He laugh at you cuz you are big sucker.

then you become very frustrated and pisses off cuz your mechanic avoid or ignored your calls all times. How do you feel about this? Now, you understand about my feeling.

Now, are you trying to cover your butt again by try to make me look more like bad guy? Huh.
    I better shaddaup and hit my sack. Good late night.

And like I said, we wouldn't be in business if we didn't respond to tickets. All email addresses published on our site pipe into our helpdesk so either way, you would get a ticket ID.

Your whole approach, tone and empty threats have made you look bad. My initial response was to determine the ticket ID to try and help you. Your loss.

Seriously, you have time to make multiple posts to slander my company yet you cannot spend 30 seconds to locate a ticket ID that will prove you contacted us? And thus allow me to look into our alleged lack of response?

And you expect me to sit here, read this slander and not defend my business?

Matt,

You've explained several times that all your company's email goes into the helpdesk, yet he insists he wants YOUR email address. I'd have thought that the helpdesk was more robust - especially since WHB isn't a tiny company and because even you need to be offline sometimes!

He appears to be out to make you guys look bad and maybe make a quick buck in the process.
    Bloory
    Watch this space...

Matt,

ticket # helpdesk is not work for me like I told you many times before. That's email is good enough for me but your company never answer my few emails and even my few calls.

Also, I am not surprised to see your ex customers pissed off at your company. Some guys claimed that your company never responded their ticket# and even calls. Sound like I am not alone in the boat. You can google search webhostingbuzz.com sucks and find out for your education.

That's why I required to your email address. What is your email address, so I can send copies of my old emails to you thru webhostingbuzz? I am not interesting to deal with your failed helpdesk tickets.

I am waiting for your email address, just PM me for this. I am going out for chores. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloory View Post
    Matt,

You've explained several times that all your company's email goes into the helpdesk, yet he insists he wants YOUR email address. I'd have thought that the helpdesk was more robust - especially since WHB isn't a tiny company and because even you need to be offline sometimes!

He appears to be out to make you guys look bad and maybe make a quick buck in the process.
    You said "WHB isn't a tiny company"

I say Oh please, come on. I cant understand why WHB isn't a tiny company who failed to answer my emails and calls after WHB isn't a tiny company cancelled my password / username then I cant use deskhelp tickets anymore cuz of this. Tell me how?

WHB is no excuse for failed to respond my emails and calls.

Hello James,

Since my last post, I tracked you down and found your various ticket IDs (which were generated) along with responses. I do not see a response time longer than 3 hours for any of the 4 tickets that you submitted.

My email address is matt@webhostingbuzz.com. I would like to get this straightened out.

Matt

Matt,

I got your email address. I have t go out for some chore. I will email you all information ASAP and I hope that we can work out without any hardship feeling. Thanks for your patient.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com