Sprint PCS Vision

Anyone see those new ads? I checked out their site and really like the Samsung SPH-N400 model. Only one problem, I'm currently locked in with Nextel for either 1 year or 2. If it's one year then thats fine because the term will expire this December. But if its 2 years then I really don't want to wait that long. Anyone know of a way to get out the agreement without having to pay the $200 cancellation fee? I want to use Sprints 3G network.

I can't answer your question about Nextel, but I do have the phone you want and I highly recommend it. The A500 is also very nice.

I think if you pay the early cancellation fee with any company, you can be removed from your contractual obligation. I'm not positive about Nextel, but SprintPCS works this way, and I don't believe there's any way around avoiding the fee.
    Last edited by JSpired; 08-13-2002 at 08:46 PM.

i suggest the wireddog plan 4sure~

ive been waiting for these forever, no doubt when i get to the store all the phone will be gone, or ill wait in line for 3 hours.

Anyone else think its odd you have to wait longer at a sprint pcs store then you do at the vehicle tag office.

Ive never been in any other cell phone store where you "take a number"
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

it means your 'special'

You're right about the wait at SprintPCS! You can find the newest phone (A500) and other models at most electronics outlets now though, if you want to go that route. I was ogling the A500 at Best Buy over the weekend. That is one sweet phone!

Angry borrow a phone before you sign up

because Sprint's reception can be atrocious. I had two cellphones for awhile (one work, on AT&T - one personal, on Sprint) and the Sprint phone got consistently much worse reception - in downtown SF, in Oakland, in Manhattan, in Silicon Valley generally. The Sprint phone was only marginally useful and I finally stopped carrying it because I didn't really expect it to work if/when I needed it.

Their customer "service" was atrocious, too - when I finally cancelled the service, they billed my credit card for 2 months past the end of my last day of service (which I verified with the rep on the phone at the time I cancelled.) I called customer service and they said the charges were correct, that they wouldn't do anything about them, and that if I wanted to see copies of the bills for those months, they would send them to me .. at an extra charge of $5 per month, all so I could help them sort out their billing problems. NOT. I told my credit card company the charges were not authorized (they weren't, after all), and got credit - Sprint waited a month and just charged the card again. I did another chargeback and the credit card company gave me a new credit card number so Sprint wouldn't be able to run charges against my account any more. Now the extra months are showing up on my credit report and it looks like I'm going to have to sue those ************* to end this fiasco.

I wouldn't sign up with them again if they were the last cellphone company on this earth.

anyone know where i can get the samsung sph-n400? its sold out at sprintpcs.com.
    Domain Software, LLC.

I'm not sure where you live or what's available to you, but around here they're carried in all major electronic's stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.) Also, if you have a local SprintPCS store, you may find one there.