Angry 1&1 (1and1.com) is down for last 13 hours

They have been down since 4:45pm Feb.6 EST

I spoke with tech and first they told me that I have vmware installed on server and they disabled my server without any warning or email notification. I asked to be boot to emergency console but they were not able.
    After 30 minutes they called me back and said that everything "should be" ok with server because they found other server showing the same symptons. So they blamed faulty switch

How LOOONG does a take to swap switch?? And how many tech??

They are not picking up phones since 8pm because of high call volume and I got 'lucky' around 11pm to be connected with thier India-based tech support that told me - CALL TOMMOROW!!!

I called and I been waiting on hold for 1 hour and wating....

That's pretty bad, especially from such a sizable host. Sorry to hear your problems. Goodluck.
    Youzo.co.uk
    http://www.youzo.co.uk
    Funky gifts, gadgets, clothing and homeware for him, for her, for the kids, for lovers, for the kids and for everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by marsztanga View Post
    They have been down since 4:45pm Feb.6 EST

I spoke with tech and first they told me that I have vmware installed on server and they disabled my server without any warning or email notification. I asked to be boot to emergency console but they were not able.
    After 30 minutes they called me back and said that everything "should be" ok with server because they found other server showing the same symptons. So they blamed faulty switch

How LOOONG does a take to swap switch?? And how many tech??

They are not picking up phones since 8pm because of high call volume and I got 'lucky' around 11pm to be connected with thier India-based tech support that told me - CALL TOMMOROW!!!

I called and I been waiting on hold for 1 hour and wating....
    I hate to state the obvious but you get what you pay for.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by utropicmedia-karl View Post
    I hate to state the obvious but you get what you pay for.
    Regards,
    I love that little gem, it pops up in so many posts

OP - I hope your server is up soon you just need to keep trying with them and eventually something will happen. They are a big company so unfortunately you are just a statistic and whether they actually 'care' about whether your server is up or not is for you to judge.

Is 1and1 down or just your server?
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

Looks more like a review than a provider outage kind of thread, so moved to Web Hosting Forum.

According to tech support - switch went down and all servers on it - they are trying to repair it instead of replacing

25 hours and still down...

PS. I had a chance to talk with tech support around 3pm - no news besides usual 'we are working on it'

Quote Originally Posted by marsztanga View Post
    According to tech support - switch went down and all servers on it - they are trying to repair it instead of replacing

25 hours and still down...

PS. I had a chance to talk with tech support around 3pm - no news besides usual 'we are working on it'
    Oh, wow... "repair?" Hope newegg hurries with that soldering kit.

Sorry you are going though this...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

should be remembered, there is no such thing as true 100% uptime hosting, sometime its will be down.

You couldn't have chosen a worse company to host your site.
    openSUSE user

Quote Originally Posted by WG-Ben View Post
    You couldn't have chosen a worse company to host your site.

Not sure about that. There are some pretty bad ones out there. But it sure ranks up there.

there is no such thing as true 100% uptime hosting, sometime its will be down.
    Maybe so, but there is not excuse for not having a spare switch that can be swapped in.

Forget the soldering iron. For most switches you would need SMT soldering stations. That is, of course if you knew *which* part to repair. 1and1 no got 7x24 support contracts?
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by mark1hos View Post
    That's pretty bad, especially from such a sizable host.
    Any sized host can fumble the ball. Though, honestly I'd trust more smaller hosts over big hosts any time as big companies (not just hosts) don't care about just one customer.

To the OP, I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. 25 hours of downtime for a switch issue just doesn't make sense. Don't they have redundant switches? If not, I'd say move if your site is downtime sensitive.
    -Steven | u2-web, LLC - Clustered Shared Hosting
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle