about cpu overhead, advice me hostings

Hi Friends,

I'm looking for cheapest web hosting in UK or USA or in Europe. I will use it for SMF Forum. I got an hosting plan which i dont want to give name of the hosting. They warned me about "exceed the CPU usage of %5".

But my web site very simple and basicly SMF site including 100 active members per day. So I'm shocked.

They gave me 15GB disk space, 200GB bandwidth, 500 e-mail 15 domain hosting and SSH. But I faced in the first step, only one web site exceed the CPU usage.

This is a very silly thing, I have ever seen. How can I use best efficient without exceed CPU usage? it is impossible in this specified hosting plan.

My web site uses 80MB disk space and 10GB bandwith. But I want to activate my file upload and download and picture module in the website. So I need large diskspace, large bandwidth.

Actually, 15GB disk space and 200GB bandwidth and SSH is enough for me. But CPU usage how can I calculate. Please help me,and advise me cheapest way and best hosting for cpu usage?

Note that:
    I learned that,Restriction on cpu usage
    hostgator
    bluehost
    hostwq
    resellerpanel
    uk2
    flumma
    simplehosting etc..

please share your experience about this subject. and advice and share the brand more flexible hosting about cpu usage

Most low priced, shared hosting accounts have CPU limits, this is so one account does not affect other accounts on the same server. However the limit varies between the web hosts, the higher price normaly the higher the cpu limit.

If your website is using to much CPU then it may be worth finding out which script is taking longest to execute, it may just be a simple script hanging at a certain point.

However your site could be too busy for a shared host, you may need a large hosting account, not a VPS but a higher price Shared Hosting account with a lower ratio of accounts per a server.

Just because your site uses a lowe amount of bandwidth does not mean that it will use a low amount of CPU, your current host may have logs which woill show you exactly which page's are using a high amount of CPU.

Good Luck.
    ZXPlay
    Premium Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Media Streaming Servers
    Dedicated Resources | EU Based
    www.zxplay.co.uk

ALL shared hosting accounts have CPU limits, otherwise it wouldn't be shared-hosting, you share a server and no company would let you use all the CPU and let the other customer complain.

But there is a difference from company to company in how much they would let you use and what kind of CPU's they use, what i do notice is that while you have a little group of users, you have quite some bandwidth, are you trying to say you have in general 100 current users online ? or have 100 users a day ?

Note that the 5% percentage is based on the type of CPU they use. 5% of CPU on a Pentium 4 or 5% of CPU on a Quad core CPU is quite a bit different.

I would try to search for a hosting company which can help you finding your bottleneck and works with you in lowering the cpu and not just cut you off because you use to much resources.

If you have questions about resource usage do not hesitate to contact the sales or support departments of these hosts to see what they have to tell you.
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    ALL shared hosting accounts have CPU limits, otherwise it wouldn't be shared-hosting, you share a server and no company would let you use all the CPU and let the other customer complain.

But there is a difference from company to company in how much they would let you use and what kind of CPU's they use, what i do notice is that while you have a little group of users, you have quite some bandwidth, are you trying to say you have in general 100 current users online ? or have 100 users a day ?

Note that the 5% percentage is based on the type of CPU they use. 5% of CPU on a Pentium 4 or 5% of CPU on a Quad core CPU is quite a bit different.

I would try to search for a hosting company which can help you finding your bottleneck and works with you in lowering the cpu and not just cut you off because you use to much resources.

If you have questions about resource usage do not hesitate to contact the sales or support departments of these hosts to see what they have to tell you.
    Exactly you are right. All of the shared-hostings have to limit CPU usage. So I complain about %5 I need %10.

just 100 members are using to site,daily. But 10 members always active on site. If you think time-base sharing, maximum 1 or 2 members run script at the moment.

So please advise me best cheap and best cpu usage and best quata?

thanx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by ghostm View Post
    Exactly you are right. All of the shared-hostings have to limit CPU usage. So I complain about %5 I need %10.

just 100 members are using to site,daily. But 10 members always active on site. If you think time-base sharing, maximum 1 or 2 members run script at the moment.

thanx in advance
    Actually, giving 1000s of GB of space and Bandwidth has no meaning in shared hosting which has CPU limit so low. Even if that CPU limit is used continuously till 30 days, you are never gonna use that much bandwidth. They are just for showing off!

If there isn't any bug in your scripts, I don't think your 10 concurrent users will use 5% CPU (even it's a P4).

Ask for 10% CPU may not a good idea, because they may charge you more for 10%. If I was you, I would make sure they real gave you 5%. As far as I know, most shared hosting plans set the CPU limit to be lower than 5%.

My suggestion is switch to another hosting that can host your 10 cocurrent users. Choose a reputable hosting provider. I'd suggest HostGator and HostICan.

thanx in advance

thanx in advance
    Like the other posters did mention, if there is not a bug in the scripts you use it is unlikely you will use 5%, however i see the ratio of users / bandwidth would be a bit high for a forum, are you sure it is your forum causing this cpu usage?
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)